VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s just say I’m feeling nostalgic to rowing gears in a turbo diesel.

Which 2021/2022 vehicles are currently offered with a diesel motor and a manual transmission in the US?

·
Registered
A3 etron, Volt
9,423 Posts
I dunno but I just did a nationwide cars.com new car search for manuals and only got 19 results, none of which were diesel. So... probably not a lot, and if there are you probably have to order them.

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
1,583 Posts
Let’s just say I’m feeling nostalgic to rowing gears in a turbo diesel.

Which 2021/2022 vehicles are currently offered with a diesel motor and a manual transmission in the US?
Try this...

·
Registered
35,525 Posts
Can you get the wrangler diesel with manual?
Nope. 8AT only, though I find it interesting they go to the detail of showing that it's not even the same 8AT:

Gasoline 8AT (Code 850RE)
Diesel 8AT (Code 8HP75)

But anyway, no manual for any of their 5 engine options except the 3.6 gas V6 without eTorque.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That combo is an EPA disaster. BMW sealed the final offerings with the '18 325D for sedans.

That would be your best bet for a manual swap.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Most recent car would be a Cruze diesel I think. You could get a manual mk7 for 2015 only. I looked for a while to try to find a manual 2015 GSW that wasn’t an S (need them heated seats), but ended up finding a clean 2014 JSW and picked it up in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
E39 M5, E46 325i Touring, F30 328dX Touring
3,929 Posts
i came across an early 90s VW Passat wagon, diesel with a 5spd a couple of weeks ago on craigslist, but sold pretty quickly.

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,959 Posts
i came across an early 90s VW Passat wagon, diesel with a 5spd a couple of weeks ago on craigslist, but sold pretty quickly.
One can find never sold or untitled "new old stock" cars here and there, but they are usually just a few years old. Finding a NOS 90's passat is rare, wagon even more rare AND diesel uber rare for new/never titled. Too bad it's gone already, that would have been a huge find.

·
Registered
18,836 Posts
Nope. 8AT only, though I find it interesting they go to the detail of showing that it's not even the same 8AT:

Gasoline 8AT (Code 850RE)
Diesel 8AT (Code 8HP75)

But anyway, no manual for any of their 5 engine options except the 3.6 gas V6 without eTorque.
They are both ZF8 transmissions but the 8HP75 is rated to handle more torque.

·
Registered
'18 Camry SE, '15 F150 XLT, '98 M3, '91 GTI VR6
4,114 Posts
They are both ZF8 transmissions but the 8HP75 is rated to handle more torque.
I thought the 850RE version was Chrysler built under license (usually used in Pentastar applications) and Chrysler buys the 8HP75 for higher power applications (you’re right it’s rated for more torque)

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,959 Posts
Another awesome The Cat Lounge "TCL" the volkswagen enthusiast website thread.

OP: Let's find new cars that are diesel and manual.
TCL: Let's talk gassers, old cars, and have a deep dive into automatics. Or that nobody wants a diesel anymore :)

I'll bet manual diesels go up in price a lot soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts