VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how ya'lls shifter feels? Mine is pretty firm and have to use a bit more muscle to shift. Throw is awesome but I was wondering if there is anyway to get it to be a bit easier (as far as force is concerened) to shift. Also seems to be kinda tuff when shifting out of a gear. I have set everything as specs said and lubed parts with litium grease.

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (madcraze)

It's easy to find these reviews, and Dieselgeek's web site even links to several pages from this board that review his product.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

Give it a week to get used to the ss, I love my dieselgeek, I have driven others and I truly think it's one of if not the best...I test drive in new cars all day long and when I get back into my car I can really feel the difference!

·
Registered
81 Posts

Mine was stiff at first (esp. into 2nd and 3rd), but don't sweat it. It'll loosen up, give a few days, a week tops. Feels natural now.
BEST MOD EVER.

Love the fact it looks stealth too.

·
Banned
2,410 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (je.)

quote:[HR][/HR]It's easy to find these reviews, and Dieselgeek's web site even links to several pages from this board that review his product.[HR][/HR]​
Post the link, please. I want this SS myself...a fellow dubber's been raving about it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (je.)

quote:[HR][/HR]Mr. Bob DUBalina!
I love it.
[HR][/HR]​
Your the first one to catch that!
Here's one on me
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (mr_DUBalina)

I put mine in a couple of weeks ago and it feels very notchy. I've tried to dial it in a couple times and think its setup right but its still very notchy. I just put one in my buddies 1.8T and it feels a lot better BUT with my VR6 I just can't get it smooth...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (Nitrideus)

To those of you running the DG, do you still have the slushy feeling when the car is in gear, or is that tightened up?
thx
t

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (Sudz)

quote:[HR][/HR]To those of you running the DG, do you still have the slushy feeling when the car is in gear, or is that tightened up?
thx
t[HR][/HR]​
Slushy?
Thats a new one...
Am i correct in assuming your talking about the amount of "play" the shifter has while in gear?
(I say potatoes, you say...)
If so, NO IT DOESN'T! No "wiggle room" at all. I feel MUCH more connected to the car/engine/tranny while driving.
My last car, a 2k VR6 GTI, was VERY notchy and had a lot slush http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
The DG SS feels tight, mechanical, and decisive. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: DieselGeek SS! Your experience and feel?Feedback please (Nitrideus)

I agree with Nitrideus! Just can't get it smooth, feels very hard to shift into gears. Love everything else about it just the muscle it takes to get it into gear.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Have any of y'all felt a SS kit an another type of car? Because every other one I've felt - Z06, MKIII Jetta, C5 'Vette, MKIII GTi, Vipers...etc....have all felt like they take a little more muscle - the way I see it - it's simple physics....the more leverage you have the easier it will be to push something - same reasoning behind the torque wrench, wrenches in general, the brealer bars, etc....the longer the handle the easier it is to use it but the longer the "throw"... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.