VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just doing my daily rounds on various car websites, and came across this on Worldcarfans.com
http://www.worldcarfans.com/90...athon
An A3 TDi!... finally... although I have heard rumors it will not be the performance 2.0 TDi, and no quattro either.

Nut I think I'm going to hold out for an A4 Avant or a Q5 with the 3.0 V6 TDi. It sounds like they will all be coming next year! Hoooooooray!
This is not to start an argument about the benefit of diesel vs gas and the various costs involved. But it's very exciting. Finally Audi seems to be grabbing the bull by the horns in some scenarios!

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Re: Diesels!!! (ljstevens)

Quote, originally posted by ljstevens »
I was just doing my daily rounds on various car websites, and came across this on Worldcarfans.com
http://www.worldcarfans.com/90...athon
An A3 TDi!... finally... although I have heard rumors it will not be the performance 2.0 TDi, and no quattro either.

Nut I think I'm going to hold out for an A4 Avant or a Q5 with the 3.0 V6 TDi. It sounds like they will all be coming next year! Hoooooooray!
This is not to start an argument about the benefit of diesel vs gas and the various costs involved. But it's very exciting. Finally Audi seems to be grabbing the bull by the horns in some scenarios!
it is good news, it will share the drivetrain with the Jetta Wagen TDI and will be the 140HP version since it is already federalized, I can only dream of a 2.0TDI Quattro with 170HP , but the cost to get it fedralized is to prohibitive for our market, I guess we have to suffer for Audi's view of a lack of market

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Re: (LWNY)

Quote, originally posted by LWNY »
No quattro? What's the point? The TDI's will be burning rubber on every launch with the massive torque that's available right above idle.

Consider how people with chipped 2.0ts feel, 300/300 or thereabouts, how on earth do you drive it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.