VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Yesterday I say a 94' Golf for sale on the side of the road. Curious I stop and ask the guy the engine he got into the car. He tell me it's a 1.8L 8V, so I ask if I can see it. The engine look exactly like my own Jetta 1992 engine, BUT surprise?! Where's the digifant???
Which kind of injection this engine got? Did it's better than the old digifant injection like mine? Did it's swappable? Humm, look interesting!

I NEED SOME INFORMATIONS ABOUT THIS PLZ !!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Difference between A3 1.8L 8V and A2 1.8L 8V ??? (SimmZ)

Damn... no body know the difference between A3 and A3 1.8L engine? How do you make to boost your car so?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

The A3 8v is a 2.0 unless the CL is a 1.8 which i didnt think it was. but all the non VR6 engines in the A3 chassis are 2.0 8v

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Difference between A3 1.8L 8V and A2 1.8L 8V ??? (eastcoastdubs)

Its a Canadian market only car.The cl had a 1.8 8v engine overhere,and the gl had the 2L x-flow engine.
The 1.8 from the cl was TBI(throtlebody injected),only one injector,and had a very mean 90hp.
You do not want that engine if you are looking for performance,as there is no aftermarket support for it whatsoever.

·
Banned
4,337 Posts
Re: Difference between A3 1.8L 8V and A2 1.8L 8V ??? (TRYNTRUEA2)

Well, there's so many differences and changes I don't know where to start. But at the same time they're similar too. I've asked someone to field this 'un for me

There are so many different engines for that car that I'm afraid it's hard to answer. Sounds like the 90hp little thang tho apparently.

[Modified by Tornado Wolfie, 11:45 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Re: Difference between A3 1.8L 8V and A2 1.8L 8V ??? (phenix)

quote:[HR][/HR]Its a Canadian market only car.The cl had a 1.8 8v engine overhere,and the gl had the 2L x-flow engine.
The 1.8 from the cl was TBI(throtlebody injected),only one injector,and had a very mean 90hp.
You do not want that engine if you are looking for performance,as there is no aftermarket support for it whatsoever.[HR][/HR]​
That's why you make your own parts.. hehe, or steal Mk2 parts to use in it. My CL presently likes to beat up on stock or mildly modified 2.0Ls and SOHC Si's (USA EXs). Fun, mostly free HP.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

In a word, the A3 1.8L are less powerfull than the old A2 1.8 Digifant? In my previous post I don't mean to swap the engine, I mean to swap the injection to my 1.8L Digifant, but if it's less powerfull....... I think the 1.8L Digigant are 105 HP?
Thx you very much!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.