VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the boards here and very confused
My wife has a 2017 beetle with a 6-speed automatic transmission and upon looking I see that the transmission code is an SCU and I am having a hard time finding a transmission service kit or filter designated for the SCU coded transmission
I am wondering what the difference is between the SCU and what looks to be the more common NTJ coded 6-speed automatic transmission or if there is any difference that would apply to filters fluid etc
Thank you for the help

·
Registered
214 Posts
Listings are all over the place. VW claims 09G325429H is the filter for your car while other listings say no! Go look that part up and you'll find totally different items shown. When I did my 09G/PDW I was dead nuts positive I had the right filter after hours of research. Upon dropping the pan it was a big nope and had to match up a different filter. Whatever you do make sure you can return whatever you buy and be prepared to go looking for a different one no matter what the parts listing tells you. This includes VW themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts