VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Re: difference in caliper strength between ecs stage II and stage II+ (mrdejected)

hey i dunno man... looks like they just chargin more for the red calipers... looks cheaper if you order the stage II with the red upgrade... its cheaper that way... btw... if you wanna buy a set let me know... i would be down for that... maybe even have a gb going

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: difference in caliper strength between ecs stage II and stage II+ (mrdejected)

I think it's just a costlier part to go red.
The 2+'s are being phased out. Many who want the "big reds" are stepping to 3's.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Re: difference in caliper strength between ecs stage II and stage II+ (Jman5000)

As far as braking performance they are identical for your application. We made the stage II+ kit for color preference only. Stage II+ calipers are slightly larger than stage II calipers causing alot of wheel clearance issues. We have started painting stage II calipers in silver, red & yellow & will phase out stage II+ shortly, as Jman said.
Here are the colors that are available for stage II:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Re: difference in caliper strength between ecs stage II and stage II+ (2001Bora)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is there anyway of getting the Brembo name versus the Porsche name on the caliper. How about dust/dirt issue without the dust shield?[HR][/HR]​
We can put anything we want, but stocking many different "name plates" in different colors would be cost prohibited. There are no dust/dirt issue. These calipers typically need no maintenance & last approx 5-10 years without any issues. The piston are completely sealed from all the elements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts