VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an gti digi1 cali. just replaced the isv from a non cali car. The car is behaving weirdly. It chokes a lot and even died on the road this morning. I had to crank it for 10 minutes until it started again. Could the problem come from the isv? i mean are the non cali isv compatible with digi 1 cali cars? does the isv playu any role besides at idling?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
16,060 Posts
Re: digi 1 cali issue. choking and died once after replacing isv Please help (WOBVr6)

you should find someone to vag the car for you. The only times my check engine light has come on were for the potentiometer on the throttle body (our version of a throttle switch) and when the O2 sensor was going bad.
The ISV shouldnt make a difference.
Matt

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: digi 1 cali issue. choking and died once after replacing isv Please help (Matt)

thanks,
also the idle is very boucy, between 500 and 1300 rpm
any other ideas? until i am able to do a vag check?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Re: digi 1 cali issue. choking and died once after replacing isv Please help (WOBVr6)

If you have a CEL and Digi-1 you don't need a VAG COM. You can get the codes yourself...U just need a little piece of wire to do it by jumping two terminals under the shifter boot. If you have a bentley the procedure is in there as well as a table of the fault codes. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'm not aware that the ISVs are different between Digi 1 and 2 so I doubt that's it but do you know that your new ISV is good?
Also check for vac. leaks too.
In the Bentley there's also a reset procedure for the ECU. Can't hurt to do that as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.