VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm prety new to mk2's (always wanted a mk3, dont know why because i absolutly love my 91 golf) and have absolutly no idea what this digi stuff is. and how do i tell what my car has. plz help a fellow dubber out

P.S. i'm kicking myself at how stupid i must be

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: digi 1? digi 2? i'm confused.... (houstonspeedfreek)

i have a 91 base model (not sure what engine that was) but a 16v 2.0 was swaped in by previouse owner (dont know what year engine was from). is there any way i can look under the hood and check? and what is it anyways? the ecu?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: digi 1? digi 2? i'm confused.... (houstonspeedfreek)

Quote, originally posted by houstonspeedfreek »
I believe 90-92 GTIs/Golfs/Jettas with 8Vs were Digi2. G60 Corrados were Digi1.

Also California cars were Digi I

·
Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,039 Posts
Re: digi 1? digi 2? i'm confused.... (Corren)

CIS-E has metal lines coming from the airbox (that box in the left front corner). If the box is just plastic with a sensor on it, it's Digi2.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Re: digi 1? digi 2? i'm confused.... (Corren)

Quote, originally posted by Corren »

Also California cars were Digi I

yes they were but it's not the same as corrados...how they differ i'm not sure i just know that there differen't. mostly i here cali digi 1 blows.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: digi 1? digi 2? i'm confused.... (canadiangolf2.0)

If it has the metal lines (fuel lines) it is also possible it is motronic. That came w/ the 2.0 16v's. If you do have the metal braided lines, check where they are connected to on the air box. If the part where they are connected is black not silver then it probably is motronic. Or you could just look under the computer,usually there is a sticker on the ECU. I believe digi 1 came on the g60 corrado, Digi 2 came on 8v golf, jetta late 80's to 92.
I hope this helped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts