VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, posting this here as well as the mk2 forum.. Thanks
Ok.. did a search without anything concrete. I haven't played with digifant in years so I forgot all the culprits.. Anyways, the car runs great but when you let off the gas, it drops down to almost 0 RPM (sometimes it will die) then jumps up to 1200, back down to roughly 500-600 then idles normally (though the car seems to idles with some vibration in the car) So yesterday. while the car was running, I disconnected the ISV and it instantly stalled. Would that eliminate the ISV as the problem? I still plan on cleaning the ISV, checking the intake boot for tears, pulling the upper intake off and cleaning the sensors, and checking for vacuum leaks. I did a search, but did not see anything specifically related with solutions. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your suggestions.
Brian

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: digi idle problems (blackgold)

I have a similar problem. Car idles at 900-1000 then jumps up to 2100 for a bit. Then goes back down to 900. Sometimes revving the engine will cause the idle to stay high as well.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

per the bentley when you disconnect your isv while the car is running you risk the chance of frying your ecu...... if I were you I would do a search on how to completly remove your isv and never have another problem with it again this is what I did.... I'm me if you want pics of what I did

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't mind the ISV on this car.. I am thinking of deleting it on my G60 though... And Lewis. it might help if you included the link
Thanks for the bumps I should get my injector O ring kit tonight.
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.