VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am piecing together my digi1 swap as i get the money to do so. i have most of the bigger stuff out of the way, and have begun pricing out the components for a stainless braided fuel line setup from the stock lines to the fuel rail.
i am wondering how everyone connects to the stock digi1 fpr? can the stainless braid be crushed enough by a band-clamp to remain leak-proof?
i appreciate the help, and any pics you may have to post up.

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (mk2dubbin)

I ended up using rubber EFI fuel line to connect the fuel rail and FPR to the stock fuel lines. Your going to have to clamp the lines to the FPR, especially if your using the CIS pump still. That thing fires the fuel in at a very high pressure, and those lines need to be tight to prevent them from blowing off under pressure. Even if your using the Digi pumps, I would still have them clamped well, to prevent a carbeque.

· Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (KingofNod)

i am keeping my cis pump, so these were my worries exactly. i know people have done it, i just cant remember seeing the pics or anything specific about it.
when i got to thinking about it, i began to wonder how much the braiding will compact when trying to install a clamp...

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (mk2dubbin)

Might look a little ghetto, but I just used automotive hose clamps to clamp the rubber line to the barb. So far its held up pretty well. Doesn't look as good as SS braided lines, but they were much cheaper, and don't leak!

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
i used a hose clamp on the return nipple. but im running rubber high pressure fuel line...not a big fan of that much braided line under my hood. that stuff destroys anything in its path

I agree , the black fuel injection line is the way to go, be sure to use fuel injection line clamps, not just hose clamps, for that factory OE look, http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (E60)

Dude, that intake is awesome. Did you custom weld that? Mines like a hot air intake, its right above the alternator. Maybe the cool air from the altnator fan will cool it off.

Not that it makes a damn difference when the car is moving.

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Re: digi1 swap - fuel line? (KingofNod)

Quote, originally posted by KingofNod »
Dude, that intake is awesome. Did you custom weld that? Mines like a hot air intake, its right above the alternator. Maybe the cool air from the altnator fan will cool it off.

Not that it makes a damn difference when the car is moving.

3in. o.d. 1/16 of an inch thick. 60 bucks for just the tube! I didnt do the welds though, that was the old man. (career welder)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.