VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 Jetta with a 1.8 digifant II. The car stumbles(misses) sometimes at 3000rpm. Ive replaced wires, cap, rotor, plugs, airfilter. I'll replace the fuel filter tomorrow, but doubt this is the cause. Seems ignition related maybe the ECU, knock sensor???
Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
Paul

[Modified by VWhooligan, 1:42 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Banned
3,053 Posts
Re: Digifant problems (VWhooligan)

i had a similar problem, only thing was that my plug, where the distribuor is, wasnt on tight enough...its a 3 prong plug, push a little harder on that, and you should be fine...if that doesnt work, check your timing..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: Digifant problems (ncvwnut)

you said that it was a stumble right. that leads me to believe that it might be a fuel miss rather than an ignition miss. an ignition miss is more harsh than a fuel miss. this in turn would lead me to believe that it might be the coolant temp sensor, but the coolant temp sensor usually does not create a miss. the coolant temp sensor usually affects the idle stability and cold start problems. The mass air flow sensor can be more of a culpret of a miss at that rpm range. maybe try to remove the maf and clean it with dielectric cleaner, and while you are doing that clean all of the terminals from the harness conector. i hope this gives an idea to what the problem might be.

·
Banned
3,053 Posts
Re: Digifant problems (German Engineered)

your right on that too...i replaced all my wires,plugs,cap, and rotor...and found that eithe rmy ecu or MAF was shot...so try replacing or cleaning the MAF first...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Digifant problems (vwgroundzero)

i had the same problem on my 92 GTI digi 2. i finaly got so bad that the car died on me and i had to have it towed. my knock sensor was shot, and also the sensor that controls the throtle body. also i had bock platinum 4 prong plugs, and the shop told me that i did not get a good spark all of the time.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Re: Digifant problems (eightvalvejettacarat)

One thing that I always tell the Digi guys with problem is to check the ECU ground wire. I have seen so many digis that ran like crap just because the ground wire was either lose or half broken. It is attached to the head the heat makes the wires dry and when they break the car will run like poop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts