VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Corrados (92 Vr6) has a peculiar problem I cannot seem to remedy... When I shut the car off and take my key out of the ignition, the usuals happen (radio goes off (and retains all of its memory settings), seatbelts retract etc... SOMETIMES though, the digital displays on my dash (clock, mileage counter) disappear completely. When I turn the car on again, they appear and work normally (though the clock resets to zero)... any ideas why this happens? is there a memory wire to them? Any suggestions would help out a lot, I am getting sick of always setting my clock!
Anyhow, I should mention, this used to happen off and on, but now it happens all the time. (I have replaced the ignition harnass on the steering hub)
Thanks in advance!!!
-Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Digital Dash Displays "shut off and reset"? (H2ocool)

I had the same problem. It happend right after I took my console out to install my short shifter. There are some electronics behind the console that could come loose. Take a look at that and it will most likely solve your problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.