VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

461 - 480 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

how about we all think about a method to do such a shifter for the rod assembly?
what i'm trying to say, is keep the orriginal rods from the tranny to the cockpit, and do an assembly that bolts on, and adjust the throw from the inside.
i've seen some of these shifters on rally mk2s we have at local hill climb races, 020 gearboxes, the rods from the tranny were just like the ones usrt sells, but the inside shifter was similar to vwms.

thank you all for the great pictures and dimensions on these nice pieces of engineering :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
how about we all think about a method to do such a shifter for the rod assembly?
what i'm trying to say, is keep the orriginal rods from the tranny to the cockpit, and do an assembly that bolts on, and adjust the throw from the inside.
i've seen some of these shifters on rally mk2s we have at local hill climb races, 020 gearboxes, the rods from the tranny were just like the ones usrt sells, but the inside shifter was similar to vwms.

thank you all for the great pictures and dimensions on these nice pieces of engineering :)
Its not that I can't figure out the rod shift part of the shifters. My thing is I have never driven anything with a rod shift. If I had access to one and could mess around with it, I could make the rod shift part no problem...its just not a priority for me at this point

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How did you design the lock out for reverse. I am working on a project for school that has internal parts machined for the internals of the trans that I would like to run with the CAE/VWMS shifter

·
Registered
4 Posts
VW motorsport short shifter

Hello,

I am new on this forum! I come rom Slovenia, Europe.

I am also working on this topic, VW short shifter, I produce more items to define the right strokes.

If someone is interested, I can show more pictures. Now I am working on brand new design!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Hello,

I am new on this forum! I come rom Slovenia, Europe.

I am also working on this topic, VW short shifter, I produce more items to define the right strokes.

If someone is interested, I can show more pictures. Now I am working on brand new design!
Very nice shifter! I would love to learn more about how you made it, and what your new design is, especially if its a more compact design that would be lighter and takes up less space. Cheers to you for your hard work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

New design is more compact, shifter is 50 mm closer to steering wheel, shifting ratio is the same. Total weight is about 1200 g. It is completely made from aluminium. If somebody is interested in buying, I can offer it:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes,more info please. Im running the cae shifter now,but how are you routing the cables with that setup? It seems to be missing the threaded rod on the side also.
Please enlighten me on your setup.....it is very nice looking!!

Thanx Geoff.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Did anyone get to making these. Since B&M has stop making the mk3 shifters I wouldn't dishing out the coin for one of these.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Oh that would be awesome, Once I get to building my mk3, I'll use the measurements to make my own on my mill

·
Registered
446 Posts
back from the dead. Does anyone still have a few of these laying around? possibly plans for another run? i have a 1990 corrado g60 build and would love to have a motorsport shifter included. although i dont want to spend the $1200+ for the CAE model.

·
Registered
13,490 Posts
back from the dead. Does anyone still have a few of these laying around? possibly plans for another run? i have a 1990 corrado g60 build and would love to have a motorsport shifter included. although i dont want to spend the $1200+ for the CAE model.
I made a thread a few years ago and uploaded all the CAD files on there. If you need a shifter , I have 2 or 3 black ones and possibly 4 of the silver ones.
The beauty with CAE is you get an all in package , so no need to make anything.

461 - 480 of 483 Posts