VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (VR6Jim)

I'd like to know the updates to this. Keep it up and keep us posted! I'm about to do the same thing to my VR6. Just curious how long the complete process is...

·
Registered
17,005 Posts

Cool, are you doing the drilling/taping yourself? I've been considering doing this to my stock manifold, as I have the Schrick on there now.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (climbingcue)

quote:[HR][/HR]What shot will you be running with that setup???[HR][/HR]​
I'd take a guess at 125 and possibly up to 150. Nothing more without hitting the internals, IMO.
Steve

·
Banned
6,686 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (ssvr6)

A 125 diret port shot of nitrous, is a night and day diffrence from a 100 shot dry...With the direct port i spun 1st, 2nd and up to like 3800 in third gear on drag radials on the street...The torque is crazy..Jim i was wondering, are you planning on running carburatd or uel ijected prssure to through the direct port?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (nycvr6)

Keep us updated with pics and write ups!!! I would love to do a setup like that. How much are you expecting the final cost to be?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Im running 40psi, I have a regulator and I'm going to regulate it down. Im starting with 125hp and im going to bump it to 150. Im putting pistons in shortly then I will bump it up to 175hp and maybe see 200hp depending on how everything goes. (200 is a big maybe.
)
I should hid mid to low 12's with the 125hp 6 fogger considering I ran 13.1 with my Dry kit. The 100hp dry kit only really makes 75hp at the wheels so it's pretty lame. The extra 50hp should make a big difference. I'm putting in a much larger fuel pump to handle the extra fuel too. Should be sweet when It's all done. The final cost for me will be about $300 because I am sponsored (taxes and shipping) but the kit runs over $1000 and all the toys are another 5-600 bux (heater, purge, gage, switch panel etc...) After looking at everything it's a good value. Very high quality and huge HP for the $$$ never mind how scary that is going to look...

I have just finished up all the wiring for everything and installing the buttons. I will be doing the lines as soon as they send up the flaring tool.
Since I am a picture slut here are some more pics of stuff I have done.

More to come... Stay tuned!

[Modified by VR6Jim, 4:24 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Banned
6,686 Posts

regulate 40 psi to what? Carburated pressure?..It isnt easy, i tried before installing a fuel system solely dedicated to the direct port.Might want to add an inline pump as wel if ou are using the stock fuel system...Good luck

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Im putting an intake pump in. I now have a Mallory 1:1 regulator that will take my stock fuel pressure (4 Bar) 58.8 psi to 10psi so I can run the nitrous system on carb fuel pressure. Should work nicely...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

drooooooooooolll

·
Registered
9,305 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] I now have a Mallory 1:1 regulator that will take my stock fuel pressure (4 Bar) 58.8 psi to 10psi so I can run the nitrous system on carb fuel pressure. Should work nicely...[HR][/HR]​
Ive got one of those Mallory FPR's that Im not using if anyones interested.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (asylum)

i see that u have a Jetta 3 .. but i want to get nitrous for my Jetta 4. Direct port is killer, but u can run 150hp shot without internal mods???
thats incredible ..

·
Registered
5,686 Posts

Good luck Jim, just wondering did you actually need to weld the nitrous/fuel threads in there, or did you just tap the threads and screw in the nitrous injectors? Nice work

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (fatfreevw)

Tap, seal, and screw 'em in.
That's all that should be necessary.
Steve

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Direct Port nitrous comming along... (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]i see that u have a Jetta 3 .. but i want to get nitrous for my Jetta 4. Direct port is killer, but u can run 150hp shot without internal mods???
thats incredible ..
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah pretty scary... The stock pistons will take a lot of abuse. Most say 400hp before the stock block is toast. I may be making 290-310 whp with that spray.

Yeah Steve is right, just tap seal and screw... (
anybody else notice something odd about that process? )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts