VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found anything that will get rid of 10 years worth of grime on the armrest? the leather cleaner i used seemed to do little

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (VWGOD)

that citrus stuff from the oxyclean guy?
oxyclean really works! nice to find a product that does what it says...maybe the citrus cleaner would work also.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (B(C)orrado)

Tell me about this re dye... but Ill tell you my secret. If its actually dirt, tide and very hot water then hours with leather cleaner and poilishers and its good as new

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (vapor)

i alwasy get these wipes from the auto section of kmart they are some cheapo brand all purpose cleaner wipes... they are safe on leather and plastic and stuff.. i have never found a stain that it wouldnt take off the leather..

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (V arrrr SIX)

Mine looked kinda like that and I used some leather cleaner stuff that came with the new couch my mom bought and it worked pretty damn good. It required a lot of elbow grease though.
PS. You must have a oily arm

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: dirty armrest? (Lotech)

the tide and hot water did the trick! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to blackie http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and no, that nastiness wasnt from my arm (i hope!), it's been like that since i got the car about a year and a half ago.... i wish that dirty armrests were the only things i needed to worry about

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (hsd16vdub)

Go to a furniture store and buy a leather cleaning kit made by "Leather Masters" it comes with cleaner, conditioner ect... i used to work in leather repair at a furniture store and thats what we used!
1 more note, you dont "dye" leather again! They might tell you that they "dye" it but, its actually a paint that you spray or wipe on! Just clean it really good, its hard to actually take the color out of leather, that only happens after you scrub it for about 5 hours!

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: dirty armrest? (carotid)

Get black leather

..yeah i used meguirs conditioner, you have to use all over cause it leaves a shean, and if you jsut do a little spot it stand s out, but it took accrylic paint and water color solvent of my front seat( art school accident)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.