VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm driving an A3 sedan US-Spec in germany. I did a seat swap to the super sport seats and now I've got that passenger seat occupancy airbag fault code and airbag light on. The new seats don't have a passenger seat occupancy mat in it. Now I need to get a bypass to get my passenger airbags working again. I think it can be done with a resistor, so the airbag will alway be activated, but I never did something like that before. I hope someone can help me along with this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I had the same problem for almost a year. Guys from a local Audi Service in Poland said that d there is no another way for bypass it. I didnt belived them... a few workshops later, dozen hours of browsing the internet - they were right. In Audi parts catalogue there isnt such a part (occupancy mat) - you can only buy bottom foam which include heating mat, occupancy mat and a botton cushion (cost around 300$, part numer 8V0898522). When I added shiping to Poland and duty cost it was to much, but i found the solution ;) The WV Beatle (US specs) has the same module and the same occupancy mat, but unlike Audi in VW catalogue there is such a part - 5C5959337 (new from Ebay around 65$ with shipping from Latvia). I put it under the seat leather and foam ( but i can assume you can glu it under the seat with some weight on in). Afetr adaptation in VCDS and clearing foult codes work perfectly.:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts