VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I'm considering trading in my ailing Subaru (pre auto safety features) on a 2020 Tiguan. I drove a loaner Subaru with the safety features and hated them. Is it possible to disable these features easily? Does it have to be done every time you get in the car? I know they can be helpful in certain situations, but I'd rather be the one driving the car. Thanks in advance1

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi...I'm considering trading in my ailing Subaru (pre auto safety features) on a 2020 Tiguan. I drove a loaner Subaru with the safety features and hated them. Is it possible to disable these features easily? Does it have to be done every time you get in the car? I know they can be helpful in certain situations, but I'd rather be the one driving the car. Thanks in advance1
At least in the earlier models like my '18 many of them can be: lane assist, blind spot, forward assist, parking sensors.
If you have the radar unit and disable it, you also loose cruise control.

Some are disabled in the main instrument display, some are disabled in the center display menus. You can disable traction control if you want as well. The dash will display a prominent yellow ! when some of the stuff is disabled.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 18 forester and a 19 tiguan. I would never give up my forester for another tiguan. Lot of stuff that just drives you nuts on the tiguan. With that said, I love the eyesight system and use with cruise 99.9 percent of the time. I don't use it a lot on the tiguan as it hasn't earned my trust like the forester.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts