VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve gotten a lot of mixed answers from my co-workers, so I figured I’d ask this community as well. I just replaced my turbo cartridge, and installed a boost gauge to monitor boost on the new turbo, but the day I drove it home finally, it started to flutter. My initial thought is my Diverter Valve is bad, of course, but I’m not getting a vac or boost reading on my gauge. I know this isn’t a unique situation to me, so I just was wondering if anyone else here has had this happen to them, and what it ended up being? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! (Car is MK5 GLI, BPY)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi all, I’ve gotten a lot of mixed answers from my co-workers, so I figured I’d ask this community as well. I just replaced my turbo cartridge, and installed a boost gauge to monitor boost on the new turbo, but the day I drove it home finally, it started to flutter. My initial thought is my Diverter Valve is bad, of course, but I’m not getting a vac or boost reading on my gauge. I know this isn’t a unique situation to me, so I just was wondering if anyone else here has had this happen to them, and what it ended up being? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! (Car is MK5 GLI, BPY)
Whered you install the tap at? 100% gauge has power etc.?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whered you install the tap at? 100% gauge has power etc.?

I tapped with a no-buzz fitting from ECS at the vacuum fitting above the N80 valve. Gauge has full power, lights up and everything

·
Registered
317 Posts
If the turbo is boosting it should get a reading, i mean even if it isnt youd at least have vacuum. Double check where you tapped it at, ensure the line is good. if the line is fine, and the gauge still isnt moving it might be defective. I got mine tapped at the intake manifold, but i did the pcv delete.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Probably the tube to the gauge is leaking if it reads neither vacuum nor boost. Disconnect the tube from the new no-buzz hose fitting. Figure a way to apply vacuum with a Mityvac pump or pressure with an air pump. Have someone watch the gauge for you if necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts