VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blow-off or diverter

***** MODERATOR EDIT *****
This thread is a the result of merging all of the BOV threads in the b5 (a5) forum.
To anyone looking to add a BOV to their car the answer is: Don't.
For further explaination read through this thread, or visit the 1.8T technical forum.
i just recently purchased a forge motosports dual-chamber b.o.v. for my 2001 A4. Has anyone here ever had a problem with this? is a diverter valve a better choice? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Modified by robbyb413 at 7:44 AM 6/14/2007

·
Registered
179 Posts
Help me pic some better Blow off Valves

Hello everryone I am looking for recommendations for Blow Valves for my car. I would like a bolt on piece so I can switch back at smog time. I also want some loud ones. I love that swoosh/chirp noise. See my cars details in sig.
I am also kinda new to the German car scene and want recommendations where to find OEM parts for a good price online. Stuff like fuel filters, oil filers, brake parts, window regulators, etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: Help me pic some better Blow off Valves (jaybquick)

holy crap..holy freakin crap...
#1..your in the wrong forum..this isnt the S4 forum..its the A4
#2..BOV's will f your siht your s4 faster than mike tyson does when he fights..
#3..do you read?..i mean theres a think called a search button that will answer all your questions
#4..i can tell you you are ''new'' to the german car scene and all you care about is getting the loudest blow-off valves possible...im really glad you care about your car..i hope your turbos blow and your timing belt snaps all at the same time..happy driving

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Re: Help me pic some better Blow off Valves (NotQuatt)

lltek makes a dv/bov but thats for serious engines not a stock s4 engine and it carries a serious price tag at around $400 each

and here it is on a 1.8t

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: Help me pic some better Blow off Valves (jaybquick)

so that would be 800 bucks of bov..sorry, not worth it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
blow off valve?

Hey. Im new here. I was just wondering what you guys think of a blow off valve for a 2001 A4 1.8t? I've heard good things and I've heard bad.. Don't know what to believe. Can you give me some advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: blow off valve? (diegomatrix)

Quote, originally posted by diegomatrix »
no, no no no no no no no no no

ill be back to explain later..ive got some super cool mod stuff to do

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Re: blow off valve? (AudiChkA4)

Quote, originally posted by AudiChkA4 »
I have a K&N drop in filter. Will that do anything? Also, will it break my mafs?

You will need to get a cold air intake and an aftermarket diverter valve if you really want to hear anything. No, the K&N will not break your MAF.
I practiced so much self control just now. You guys have no idea...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: blow off valve? (TallaiMan)

will a K&N cone filter break your MAFS? hey guys she just asked a question, be nice. Anyways a diverter valve will give you noise but no whistling sound. does anyone know how to make a DV flutter?

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: blow off valve? (Boosten Audi a4)

Quote, originally posted by Boosten Audi a4 »
will a K&N cone filter break your MAFS? hey guys she just asked a question, be nice. Anyways a diverter valve will give you noise but no whistling sound. does anyone know how to make a DV flutter?

man..this new guys are coming out of the woodwork
...the k&n wont 'break' the maf as long as our wipe it down good with a rag..and the whislting sound comes from your turbo...not a valve..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: blow off valve? (TallaiMan)

"slow motion voice"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have bailey's BOV and it works fine no issues at all so I suspect its what BOV you fit rather than no they don't work.
I think what happened is that in the early days people fitted them and they did not work well and the bad press stuck, but things have moved alone and the problems of running rich have been resolved and like some DV's its finding one that works well with your setup.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: (docurley)

I also have a "BAILEYS BOV" GREAT NOISE and runs fine..

However Many here "HATE THEM WITH A PASSION" but hey its your car you put what you want on it.
Buff

1 - 20 of 82 Posts