VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Diverter valves (turbo_v_dub)

Thanx man!! Bailey looks like a good deal.
How do you like yours? Do you have other engine mods in addition?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Diverter valves (MADBUG)

No prob...as of now that was my first buy for my NB project
hehe. After I install that then i'm going a chip, dwn pipe and exhaust, and most likey a few other mods. But my NB is all stock but everything is in the works. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif As far as the DV goes from what I researched not too many like the Forge DV...I saw a lot of posts on forums about boost leackage w/ the Forge so I went w/ the Bailey. -O-

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Diverter valves (turbo_v_dub)

Interesting post. From what i've read in all these forums, Forge has been the number one choice (or at least the far most popular). As for saying "not too many like the Forge DV," I think that's just plain wrong.
Not intending to start an argument, but what you're saying kinda flies in the face of what I've read in the 1.8t forum.
As I understand it, they're both good...so I don't care.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Re: Diverter valves (Knife_Fighting_Monkey)

quote:[HR][/HR]Interesting post. From what i've read in all these forums, Forge has been the number one choice (or at least the far most popular). As for saying "not too many like the Forge DV," I think that's just plain wrong.
Not intending to start an argument, but what you're saying kinda flies in the face of what I've read in the 1.8t forum.
As I understand it, they're both good...so I don't care.[HR][/HR]​
The reason why the Forge is popular is because of the JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON mentality the 1.8t forum has. But from my personal experience, if you want a no hassle , no nonsense DV. Go with the Bailey DV. The Forge has many problems with them, and are in need of constant maintenance. Changing of the valves, re-lubricating, resealing, screws coming loose tec....

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Diverter valves (1.8t)

Thanx for the replies every one!! So far it looks like Bailey will win.
Any other brands I should be aware of?Or should I look no further?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Diverter valves (MADBUG)

Most of my research wasn't from this forum, but from what I can tell by the following posts, I made a good decision by going w/ the Bailey DV. Guess it's just the luck of the draw. Hopefully I'll have the good luck...hehe. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Good luck YALL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts