VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 6 years, airbag lights are out!

Many, many thanks for this thread, the pics, explanations etc.! I had three breaks in wires: Yellow at the 90 degree bend in the harness, brown halfway down the cables that hold the buckle, and brown under the seat. You gave me enough pics to know what I needed to do! My wife thanks you too!:):):):)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I couldn't find a broken wire at all :( I just bought the part off of ECS Tuning... oh well. If it doesn't work, I'll return it.

--- EDIT ---

I couldn't fix it with the method stated in this thread, however, I was able to fix it with some resistor wiring fix state in this thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sensing of the belt buckle status I have not determined if it changes the airbag deoyment parameters.

Temporary fix a seatbelt switch on all the time if it broken until you get a chance to remedy the issue. After we drive with our seat belts on don't we?

Instructions
Connect the correct resistance from the red wire to a brown wire of choice.
forget the yellow and the other brown

Vcds will tell you
And my resistors
too high
No buckle 1/4w brown / grey / red 1.8k
Yes buckle 3pcs x 1/4w brown / grey / red = 1800/3 = 600ohms
Too low as you lower the resistance.

If you drive with a seatbelt on put 600ohms resistance.

99-01 have 2 wire on the drivers no wire on the drivers.
2002 up have a
Driver fails because it is used more. So we only replace the drivers normally.

Haven't tried a passenger 2002 up from a right hand drive vehicle as a 1999-01 drivers belt for left drive yet but the connectors are the same.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my buckle described in this page. Airbag light is on and when I would wiggle the buckle the "fasten seat belt" light would go on and off. I took apart my buckle to find only two wires (yellow and blue) rather than the 4 I have seen on the page. I didn't see any noticeable damage on the wires but snipped them out and replaced a section of both wires. Now the "fasten seat belt" light is never on and airbag light remains on after clearing.

thanks for any help,
Jason

·
Registered
570 Posts
Bump cause i have the same issue, a 2 wire setup.... which i believe is cause i have manual seats...
Dealing with the same 2 wire issue.I took my buckle apart and the blue wire was broken.Fixed that and still get the airbag light so going to dig deeper and ill update later today.Same symptoms quoted below.

TempleGTI
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my buckle described in this page. Airbag light is on and when I would wiggle the buckle the "fasten seat belt" light would go on and off. I took apart my buckle to find only two wires (yellow and blue) rather than the 4 I have seen on the page. I didn't see any noticeable damage on the wires but snipped them out and replaced a section of both wires. Now the "fasten seat belt" light is never on and airbag light remains on after clearing.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts