VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a new DIY article released here for the 2.5 Valve cover

If you are having issues with your 2.5 5 cylinder this article

Some fault codes that could potentially be the cause of your Crank ventilation valve inside the valve cover of your 2.5 engine could be

• P2279 Intake Leak

• P0507 Idle Speed above normal

Please feel free to let us know if you have had other codes associated with the failure of your VW 25 valve cover.

In the like below we have more info about the 2.5 Valve covers
- 07K103469L
- 07K103469M

http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/newsarticle.aspx?NID=13

·
Registered
5 Posts
p2279

I been getting this code p2279 along with p0456,
in addition, when I try to pull the oil dpistick out is it kind of difficult and a sucking hissing sound follows while engine shakes, same for the oil cap, it almost seems the engine will shut off, i have replaced the pvc dia****ram twice as it was ripped by the sucction produced, I also noticed di****ram, and housing covered in oil. does this indicates a pvc valve cover replacement?

i came across your DIY valve cover replacement, very informative..

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I been getting this code p2279 along with p0456,
in addition, when I try to pull the oil dpistick out is it kind of difficult and a sucking hissing sound follows while engine shakes, same for the oil cap, it almost seems the engine will shut off, i have replaced the pvc dia****ram twice as it was ripped by the sucction produced, I also noticed di****ram, and housing covered in oil. does this indicates a pvc valve cover replacement?

i came across your DIY valve cover replacement, very informative..
Thanks for the feed back. In regards to the issue youre having it does not seem like a valve cover issues

p0456 this codes makes me think you have an issue with your N80 valve or evap purge regulator
http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/Vi...ndVacuum/06E-906-517-A/06E-906-517/753/139725

As for the diaphram being replaced before Im not really sure what you mean by this. And Im not clear where you have an oil leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the n80 valve thinking it would be the same issue, so N 80 valve is Been replaced few months ago, sorry I mispelled, a ripped diaphragm,
'
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7213/ripb.jpg
Note I "borrowed this picture for location/identification purposes, credit due to its owner

is air supposed to be sucked through the oil dipstick/ oil cap?
In addition I dont know where the iol leak is originated, Ill have to investigate further,

I have replaced various things for other codes the car had after proper scanning. Luckily, i was able to fix those codes. After that a new code came up P0420. I did some research to such code ( cat conv below threshold bank1) based on research I was leaning on the cat as a suspect, then 02 sensors, then spark plugs, coils an such, g12 coolant was at proper level and the corespondent pressure sensor working properly. I checked all the fuses, they were all good except for the secondary air pump fuse, (40)which was misplaced. Well, that being said, after clearing the codes, I drove the car for about 25 miles and as expected ,the P0420 came back again, I took the car to a shop for a computer diagnostic, There, I learned the cat, 02 sensors, are working good. Anyways, the technician cleared the codes, and advised to drive the car until the check engine light comes back, (I am confident it will) and at that time I shall take the car back to diagnose again and determine if it is the main computer faulty as the mecanic suspects.
In addition, I was advised of an oil leak generated at the PVC cover and a replacement was overdue, I suspected that as I noticed I could not pull the oil dipstick out with the engine running because a major suction generated. Also, the pvc diaphragm has been ripped twice. This is a 2005 2.5 5 cyl engine A/ tranny, 121xxxx miles, the engine performance has not been compromised at all, it felt with usual power to drive.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the n80 valve thinking it would be the same issue, so N 80 valve is Been replaced few months ago, sorry I mispelled, a ripped diaphragm,
'
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7213/ripb.jpg
Note I "borrowed this picture for location/identification purposes, credit due to its owner

is air supposed to be sucked through the oil dipstick/ oil cap?
In addition I dont know where the iol leak is originated, Ill have to investigate further,

I have replaced various things for other codes the car had after proper scanning. Luckily, i was able to fix those codes. After that a new code came up P0420. I did some research to such code ( cat conv below threshold bank1) based on research I was leaning on the cat as a suspect, then 02 sensors, then spark plugs, coils an such, g12 coolant was at proper level and the corespondent pressure sensor working properly. I checked all the fuses, they were all good except for the secondary air pump fuse, (40)which was misplaced. Well, that being said, after clearing the codes, I drove the car for about 25 miles and as expected ,the P0420 came back again, I took the car to a shop for a computer diagnostic, There, I learned the cat, 02 sensors, are working good. Anyways, the technician cleared the codes, and advised to drive the car until the check engine light comes back, (I am confident it will) and at that time I shall take the car back to diagnose again and determine if it is the main computer faulty as the mecanic suspects.
In addition, I was advised of an oil leak generated at the PVC cover and a replacement was overdue, I suspected that as I noticed I could not pull the oil dipstick out with the engine running because a major suction generated. Also, the pvc diaphragm has been ripped twice. This is a 2005 2.5 5 cyl engine A/ tranny, 121xxxx miles, the engine performance has not been compromised at all, it felt with usual power to drive.
Tough to say for sure. This is probably something you should consult with a local shop and have them diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
This problem began in 2005 and it's still a problem in 2013???

Didn't know VW enlisted Fisher Price to make their PCV. :banghead:

·
Registered
695 Posts
This problem began in 2005 and it's still a problem in 2013???

Didn't know VW enlisted Fisher Price to make their PCV. :banghead:
This is nothing compared to ignition coils... 1995 - 2009 almost before they got tge revision correct... its the reason you see vw on side of road 99% of time if not a flat.

How long are the new diaphrams lasting? When were they revised?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is nothing compared to ignition coils... 1995 - 2009 almost before they got tge revision correct... its the reason you see vw on side of road 99% of time if not a flat.

How long are the new diaphrams lasting? When were they revised?
We have not seen any failures of any that we have sold in the past year, so this is tough to say. They have been revised for some time now, but Im sorry I dont know when is was changed.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts