VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These instructions cover swapping the VW Alarm Horn to the VW Alarm Siren for a car with the integrated CECM/CCU found in the mkVI.

Click HERE to download the install instructions.

Click HERE to hear what the siren sounds like once installed.

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
much better than the stock tone. I just vag-com'd it off.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
This is awesome! Priced out all the parts on 1stvwparts.com and comes out to $186.48 :thumbup:

·
Registered
30,716 Posts
AHaha I laughed, such a girly alarm, plus it doesn't help that I have TR.
not girly at all, I had that on my wagon and miss it so much. I used to scare the crap out of people walking by my car lol. I'd call it more something along the lines of "Futuristic" or "Space Age" ... or "Japanese Car Alarm" lol

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread. But, will it hurt anything simply unplug the factory alarm unit to disable the horrible goose sound when locking the doors?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
im just gonna ask, so does the factory horn have only 2 wires to it?

If it is only 2 wires, the old Alpine sirens automatically have a soft chirp. Now you might say "how could you find the old alpine sirens"...well i just happen to have a case of them :)

im curious if you can just swap a siren into it, without all the extra hardware you listed (which by the way is extremely detailed)

·
Registered
30,716 Posts

If it is only 2 wires, the old Alpine sirens automatically have a soft chirp. Now you might say "how could you find the old alpine sirens"...well i just happen to have a case of them :)

im curious if you can just swap a siren into it, without all the extra hardware you listed (which by the way is extremely detailed)
Send me one I'll tell you ;)
ps: what's an Alpine siren ? And how much do you want for one ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Send me one I'll tell you ;)
ps: what's an Alpine siren ? And how much do you want for one ?
lol, old alpine siren (Alpine Alarm Systems) had one of the best "sounding" sirens back in the day. And were loud when they went off. Sirens today use different 6 tones or sound different. I happen to be an alarm/remote starter guy (see my FAQ in car audio and electronics forum) and i PREFER the Alpine siren to any other siren on the market. However there are only so many left anymore. Hence why i have a full case of them. :)

Anyway, i figure if it is standard 12 volts going to the siren, you could easily unplug the factory one and use the factory line to run the Alpine one. Make sense?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yes just two wires, but I dont believe the (+) wire is receiving a constant 12v. I know on the mkV it had a relay on the CECM that you had to remove in order for it to function for the siren to work using the 2 stock wires. I could be wrong about that, but it might be worth a shot if you like the alpine sound, because it would save you a lot of time. I just always want to use OEM parts when possible....I'm OCD like that:screwy:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes just two wires, but I dont believe the (+) wire is receiving a constant 12v. I know on the mkV it had a relay on the CECM that you had to remove in order for it to function for the siren to work using the 2 stock wires. I could be wrong about that, but it might be worth a shot if you like the alpine sound, because it would save you a lot of time. I just always want to use OEM parts when possible....I'm OCD like that:screwy:
totally understand why you used the parts you did. Very detailed info, bravo to you.

Anyway, it would just be a flashing output if i am thinking about it correctly. Which is fine for what i need. (i imagine it wont be going off that much) ;) so in theory i just would want it to get rid of the factory beep sound which soulds like crap actually (just my opinion). I can always add an aftermarket alarm anyways (since i am in that business) and it would just be something to get rid of the honking more or less. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was thinking about doing this, but after seeing the DIY I'm not so sure. I want to disable the terrible horn sound, but want some sort of audio confirmation that the car is locked.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts