VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
....it and 3rd gear comes good.second that when its cold wont change gear they drive till 40kmh i think they use first and second gear only after i swear and it hot they start goes up in kmh but still they miss the 3rd too.3rd i change the oil and found it like new and makes how people i listen open plugs ...
This sounds very much like the symptoms I had before I changed out my solenoids a few years back.
The job can be done with the engine completely installed and leaving the front bumper on, that's how I did it.
But if you have the space, and tools removing the front end will make the job a lot simpler. This is the kit I purchased: New Jatco Original 09A VW Solenoid Kit JF506E | Cobra
there's any number of walkthroughs on YT: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=09a+solenoid

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds very much like the symptoms I had before I changed out my solenoids a few years back.
The job can be done with the engine completely installed and leaving the front bumper on, that's how I did it.
But if you have the space, and tools removing the front end will make the job a lot simpler. This is the kit I purchased: New Jatco Original 09A VW Solenoid Kit JF506E | Cobra
there's any number of walkthroughs on YT: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=09a+solenoid
Hello thanks for send me back.for me is better find them ebay cos from your country its a bit chargers of the parts.i am trying to arrange as soon as possible.first thing i do today buy the inner gear shift cos it was broke i bought last week the car and i do step by step.Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
The value in field 1 should be ATF temp in °C.
6. When the ATF transmission reaches around 40°C, place the pan under the check plug. Take the plug out. If a little bit of fluid drips out, the level is correct. If nothing comes out, add a little more until it overflows to a drip. Replace the check plug. (for this step, use of a shallow drain pan allows you to not have to jack up a side of the car and get the most accurate fill)

Can I get a clearer idea of where the check plug is?
Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
welp.... my transmission 09a change/flush is going intrestingly.. so acording to the manual and service book it should hold about 7.4 quarts completely empty... which ... when i drained... i got about a gallon and a quart... mind you i'm not finished draining yet... but its consitant. i'm not really sure where or how youall are only getting 3-4 quarts out of your fluid change... honestly you should be getting all of about 3/4ths out and its a relatively simple. but... whats disturbing me is how brown and murky and almost overcreamered coffee colored my transmission ended up being after i got most of it out toward the end it seems like there was water in there which... hmmnm not good makes me glad i'm doing a complete flush with chemicals.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts