VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a diy for stringing your car. many shops around here do not align vw with a drop and i do not wanna put my springs on without a alignment. i know it can be done and if done correctly it will be as good if not better than most shops.. pics and the like would be great http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
also is there a diy for replacing the led on our ac button. i have the old buttons that say norm and maxx and they do not light up and it bugs the hell outta me. thanks

Modified by cartercdad at 9:55 AM 5-12-2007

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Re: DIY for stringing your car? (cartercdad)

after you put springs on you should only need to adjust camber.... ive thought about measuring the angle of the wheel to the ground before the install, and then trying to match it as close as possible after. not sure if its that easy.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: DIY for stringing your car? (mr sarcastic)

Quote, originally posted by mr sarcastic »
ive thought about measuring the angle of the wheel to the ground before the install, and then trying to match it as close as possible after. not sure if its that easy.

I've done this on three different cars. Camber looks perfect, and no uneven tire wear after atleast a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.