VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading an R8 forum and they are using 100w 1.5ohm resistors as a mag ride delete modular and apparently it works. On the Cadillac forum they are using 150w resistors.

these cost only a few dollars each. Has anyone tried it and would the 100w possibly work on the TT as well? Are they the same dtc delete units for the r8 and the TT?

anyways thought it was interesting.

they

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is the gain in the mag ride delete? Just always in the sport or stiff setting without the exhaust valves also open?

Or is it a needs to be replaced and the computer doesn’t like what it is getting so delete makes computer happy and ride always stiff? I’m also probably incorrectly assuming delete means stiff as possible....

·
Registered
783 Posts
"What is the gain in the mag ride delete? Just always in the sport or stiff setting without the exhaust valves also open?

Or is it a needs to be replaced and the computer doesn’t like what it is getting so delete makes computer happy and ride always stiff? I’m also probably incorrectly assuming delete means stiff as possible.... "

Yes, you are incorrect. As stated in the FAQ at the top of the page, mag ride shocks have a chronic leaking problem starting at around 7 years of age irrespective of mileage. Cost to replace all 4 mag ride shocks is about $3K at an indy shop. Therefore many folks are removing mag ride completely and going with far less expensive (you can buy 4 regular shocks for the price of 1 mage ride shock) and cheaper to repair regular shocks. However, the ECU throws a fault because things are left unplugged. Thus the resistors to fool the ECU into thinking mag ride is still there.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The FAQ provides instructions for getting rid of the errors after converting to a standard non-mag suspension

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.