VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Only certain passat clusters work. Some don't have the matching hardware to work with the MK4 ABS controller.
The R32 files I have are 180mph but they still might not work.

What's the part number of the Passat cluster?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
haven"t got the W8 cluster yet..but it's an 03'. I have an 04' Passat it'll work well in if my GTI doesn't like it.
I'll be in touch when I get it and see what version it is. There's a guy on Ebay selling 'new" FIS Passat clusters (china!) and he says he'll change them to match any Immo II/ III cluster needed.
As a last resort I may contact him and see what his trick is...

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I have a 2002 Passat and an 04 GTI... if I wanted to put my Passat cluster in the GTI this is the DIY I'd need to follow? Or am I able to swap it out directly?
Thanks!
Why would you want the passat cluster?

It would have to be rewritten with mk4 software so the abs etc would work properly. The passat would also have to be immo3.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
were the crap was this when i was gonna buy a 20th cluster:banghead::mad:

oh well. its bookmarked now.

idk if i missed it or if it was said.
but how and/or where do i get the SKC?

·
Registered
33 Posts
MFA to FIS cluster swap

Finally its done, this weekend I decided to do it, the unknown part of will I get the car to start again put me off but I spent a lot of money on the cluster, fis control and cluster cable from Germany so I decided to go ahead and try. I am so pleased, everything works and looks great! :)

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.