VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: DIY OEM HID 12-10 pin plug adapter - really easy (TRBO-GTI)

Adapters suck. Just wire it direct and be done with it. 7" more of wire to go through is not the best idea. You can cause them to flicker which will burn the capsules and then ballasts.
See our recent discussion on OEM flicker. You need to not use 10-12pin adapters, remove DRL relay not just flip pin on headlamp.

Modified by AZV6 at 8:29 PM 8-11-2009

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: DIY OEM HID 12-10 pin plug adapter - really easy (JulianGTIvr6)

Quote, originally posted by JulianGTIvr6 »
holly crap, prices have gone up, i just called my local dealer
12 pin adapter- 27.00 each
11 pin adapter- 11.00 each
the terminal wires 6.00 each

because they know. They know you guys waste your money on making adapters when they are not need, just hook it direct, like your going to sell these seperate from your car in the future?? No one will care by then...Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need a adapter from 12 pin to aftermarket to 10 pin for custom headlights. I already invested the money for the new lights, supposed to be plug n play, they’re not. Def ten pins on the new light an 12 from stock harness, the explanation the start chat is a good break down but I don’t if I’m confident enough to create my own harness, I’m more of a wrencher not a electrical kinda dude. Looking to buy the connector or some help to wire these things up? Help ya fellow dub head

21 - 32 of 32 Posts