VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a write up on what fittings were used and how to put the fittings in for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.
*Giving credit for Seerlah for showing me the fittings and telling me to make a write up*[up][wrench]

The particular car i'm working on is my soon to be GT2871r 99.5 so the motor is AEB.
I'm not 100% if it will work with the 00-01 i'll have to get back to you on that.

First off I have my intake manifold off already for various reasons cause of my build, for those that don't it shouldn't be a problem unbolting the coolant reservoir and going in through there.

Locate the stock oil pressure switch

Take the cap and the switch off

Unscrew the stock oil pressure switch by using a open end wrench of if your lazy like me a crescent wrench
This is what you will end up getting

Take the M10x1 male T adaptor

Then the M10x1 Male to 1/8" NPT Female Adaptor

And assemble! This is what you'll end up getting

Screw T adapter in the stock oil pressure spot and plug the stock oil pressure switch back in

There you have it! My oil pressure gauge is still on it's way in the mail so I cannot show that part but basically the oil pressure gauge will come with a sender unit with a 1/8" male fitting that you screw right into the other port. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS NICE AND TIGHT SO NOTHING LEAKS!

Total cost:
T adapter=$10
Male to female adapter=$8.00
Shipping=$2.50

Hope this can help some people!
If interested where these fittings were found you can PM me

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow that looks a lot easier than most DIY write ups I have seen lol. Looks like going to do that when I do my tstat.

-------------------------------------------
Want to make a little extra money check this out.
workfromhomedad.ws

·
Registered
164 Posts
Any update on the completion of the gauge? What attaches to the end of that adapter? Is your gauge a digital gauge or a stepper gauge? I'm doing an install on my AEB engine with the VEI digital gauge and I need some references. Does the oil sender unit attach to that male T- adapter? Is there some kind of tubing or wire that goes from the oil sender to the actual gauge?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Any update on the completion of the gauge? What attaches to the end of that adapter? Is your gauge a digital gauge or a stepper gauge? I'm doing an install on my AEB engine with the VEI digital gauge and I need some references. Does the oil sender unit attach to that male T- adapter? Is there some kind of tubing or wire that goes from the oil sender to the actual gauge?
Can't speak for the OP, but I did pretty much exactly the same thing.

I've got an oil pressure sender attached to the open port. This oil pressure sender has two terminals, which simply output a resistance that is measured by the gauge. I used wires to span the distance between the oil pressure sender and gauge.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Since the old thread is already bumped... anyone have any links to the fittings that one would need to do this? Kind of wanna do this myself.
This is the T-fitting:
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VDO-M10x1-Male-T-Adaptor_p_94.html

And this is the pressure sender adapter fitting you'll most likely use:
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/M10x1-Male--18-NPT-Female-Adaptor_p_57.html

Just for reference this is the gauge/sender I'm using:
http://prosportgauges.com/52mm-electrical-oil-pressure-gauge.aspx

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Anybody know what size crescent wrench is used for the oil sender unit? It's such a squeeze that I couldn't fit a socket wrench in there. I also tried some crescent wrench but couldn't get it to lock onto the unit because there are so many hoses and the intake manifold is in the way. Any suggestions for removing the OEM oil sender unit without removing the intake manifold?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.