VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (down and up)

Forgot I had this on my computer. I don't take responsibility for the work. But I thought it might be helpful because it seems really easy.
So I think take off rear door panels and detach this clip and perform operation!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (20VTURBOSpoolMeUp!)

nice, Ike is the all time DIY master
i forgot u silly b5'ers dont have this feature standard on your cars

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (NotQuatt)

Quote, originally posted by NotQuatt »

haha we are silly b5'ers...but it's all good

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (TurboNasty)

Quote, originally posted by TurboNasty »
Damn, youre on a roll today.

well, it's not fun to drive stock as i like to say!
plus, making little changes yourself makes you feel so much better about YOUR car because it helps individualize it to YOU

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (NotQuatt)

Quote, originally posted by NotQuatt »

atleast most of us got q.... well, you know

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (HarvVAG)

Quote, originally posted by HarvVAG »

atleast most of us got q.... well, you know

yeah, ya silly frontrackers

i'll probably do this this weekend

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting. I always loved the one touch up and down on the fronts. Most other cars I have driven in have one touch down but not up. This seems like a real simple DIY too, as long as it doesn't F anything up. I am sometimes leary to mess with the electrical stuff in any German car...

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (jcm15)

Quote, originally posted by jcm15 »
Hmmmm, interesting. I always loved the one touch up and down on the fronts. Most other cars I have driven in have one touch down but not up. This seems like a real simple DIY too, as long as it doesn't F anything up. I am sometimes leary to mess with the electrical stuff in any German car...

ahhh lets do it...seems easy!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Re: DIY: 1 Touch Rear Windows (Ramsbee987)

Quote, originally posted by Ramsbee987 »
I spent the better half on saturday looking for this

work, did you get it to?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is this mod to get the rears to come up with one touch, because mine already come down with one touch... I guess I did not realized that until this morning. Oh well.

·
Registered
883 Posts
im pretty sure there's a reason there is no one touch up, maybe for all you parents who have kids hanging out the windows...

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (jcm15)

Quote, originally posted by jcm15 »
Is this mod to get the rears to come up with one touch, because mine already come down with one touch... I guess I did not realized that until this morning. Oh well.

yeap, just gets the rears to come up too

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (aberke)

Quote, originally posted by aberke »
im pretty sure there's a reason there is no one touch up, maybe for all you parents who have kids hanging out the windows...

no kiddies for me...but that may be the reason why. but at noquatt said, the B6's come stock with it

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: (20VTURBOSpoolMeUp!)

i wish my back windows would go the whole way down..it only goes down 1/3 way and i get fingerpints all over then from my buddies..

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: (HarvVAG)

i wish my back windows would go the whole way down..it only goes down 1/3 way and i get fingerpints all over then from my buddies..

That is a mod for a different post, and a different day... that would be nice too though.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Re: (aberke)

Quote, originally posted by aberke »

my b6 has auto up/down on all 4... but i think that is relatively new, actually i was surprised my car had it.
my GF's 02 Passat has auto up.down on the fronts only also.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Re: (HarvVAG)

that would be impossible, look at your door, there is only so far the glass can go down into the door, because of how it accomodates the wheel well.
that's why suburban windows go all the way down, but tahoe's only go 3/4th of the way.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts