VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,710 Posts
I just did it earlier this week and I have an AWW engine. It is very close minus a few vac. ports.

I am sure that these engines will be very similar. I would cap off the extra ports that still hold vac. and run everything straight to the manifold.

I like the difference that I am seeing in my car now. I didn't realize that I had some lines that were busted underneath my intake manifold causing vac. leaks and it a bit messy underneath from some oil coming out.

Thanks for an amazing write up!! It really helped.:beer:

· Registered
6,710 Posts
Amazing DIY, BUMP for later reference.

Did you throw any CEL's after doing this? I bet you need a bunch of resistors to not throw any CEL's? am i right?
The only thing I have resistored is my SAI. I have kept everything else plugged in. No codes. I did however keep my EVAP system. I didn't feel it would be a good idea to delete it. I kept one of the check valves to the system and ran a vac line to it.

If you need resistors I have quite a few of them (No I won't be charging the prices that I have been seeing online.... 4-6 bucks for one? oh no... I will set anyone up w/ a good deal while I have them). PM me if you need some.

· Registered
6,710 Posts
I have the 42DD spacer w/ a catless exhaust. I yet to pull a code for my second 02 sensor. As long as that 02 sensor is out of the main stream of the exhaust it shouldn't pull a code.

You should only need one resistor, leave everything else plugged in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts