VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (TWong1200)

No, I have a 2001 1.8T Jetta AWD that was sold in early 2001. I don't have the a-pillar air bags. I think they put them in the late 2001 models, the AWW and on

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (apr_tuned_jetta)

I agree with apr-except I have an early 2001 Jetta with the TDI engine. I don't have the a-pillar air bags either. The side curtain bags were a "running change" meaning that it came at some time during the model year production-but wasn't available at the very beginning of the MY. Another "running change" was supposed to be the internal trunk release, but i heard that it ended up not getting in until 2002 MY (or at least very late in 2001)......

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (TWong1200)

hey,
i'm not sure about the 2001's, but the side curtain is an option on the GLS and GLX models on the 2002's. it isn't a standard option.
hope that answers your question!!
PoTs

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (PoTs)

Thanks everyone for their input!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (boeing727)

My 2001 GTI (bought in April 2001 - He's a year old now!) has the A-pillar bags, but it was still an option at the time ($250) which I asked for. They are standard now (right?)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Re: Do all 2001 and newer Jettas come with side curtain airbags? (apr_tuned_jetta)

I got them too, but I still didn't get an AWW!!!
I got mine in the middle of November 2000 (straight from the factory)!
I probably got the very last AWD batch that was made!!!
.. Oh, well... I was going to get a KO4 or different turbo anyhow... so it's not that big of a deal... plus!! now w/ the intake and the new Viper CAI UP program, it feels like an AWW!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.