VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering cause I smoked my diff in my o2o in my mk2 and was planning on throwing the FK out of the rabbit I have in. just wondering if the tranny mounts mount up. obviously I would swap the mk1 mount with the mk2 one but I was wondering if the holes are the same on the tranny case. I thought they were but my buddy seems to think they are different. I suppose if that doesn't work I could throw one of my 2y's or CHE's in but I would like the FK in there. thanks

· Registered
11,206 Posts
Re: do all o2o's have the same case? (claytski)

All 020 tranny cases are identical,but to swap a rabbit tranny into a mk2 you need to change to the 100mm axle flanges and use an 8v clutch disc to fit on the imput shaft.(if its a 16v)

· Registered
13,630 Posts
Re: do all o2o's have the same case? (GLI_driver_found)

Quote, originally posted by GLI_driver_found »
All 020 tranny cases are identical

No, they differ for the early MK1 cases. The MK1 uses a mount bracket that attaches with 3 studs in the trans. The MK2 uses 3 long bolts that pass through the case and into the mount bracket. Some early MK1 boxes will not have the 3 holes needed to use it in a MK2.
I don't know off the top of my head if the FK has the 3 holes for the MK2 mount or not, but I'll guess, and say no, it won't. I have a 50% chance of being right

Broke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.