VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to turn my radio down. For some reason I don't feel comfortable making a turn, or merging, etc, if the radio is semi-loud.
Do any of you do this?

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
I don't either, but like All_Texan said, I turn it down when I am looking for an address or going somewhere I've never been. I have no idea why, though.
-Nick

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Re: (GTI 20v)

haha, are you serious? that doesn't seem too healthy. Ever had trouble turning cause you reached to turn the radio down?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (All_Texan)

Quote, originally posted by All_Texan »
I do not.

I do turn it down when I am going somewhere I have never been before at night time tho.

Same here.
Or when it is raining...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (Brett92)

uhh no...I'm bumpin the beats everywhere I go unless I see a cop

·
Registered
191 Posts
I turn it down when I am not in motion.. like at traffic lights and stuff.. imo looks funny when there's someone next to you starting at you.. but once i'm back rolling, then the volume goes up to whereever i like to.
c.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: (d6)

I turn my radio down out of force of habit EVERY time I say something in a conversation.........then turn it back up.
My friends get like

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (Brett92)

Nope - the radio stays on at all times to mask the rattles emanating from every panel in the car.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Re: (All_Texan)

Quote, originally posted by All_Texan »
I do not.

I do turn it down when I am going somewhere I have never been before at night time tho.

yep, do that as well.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Re: (Jeckyll)

Quote, originally posted by Jeckyll »

During _serious_ driving I turn the radio off. Must be in tune with the car.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Not usually when turning but a tight merge maybe and for sure when I'm looking for something in the dark.
Has anyone ever tried to turn it down even lower (even when off) when someone in your car is annoying you.... like blabbing on and on or something. (like you are subconsciously turning them down) I swear I've done this more than once. prob just me

Modified by Jetta_1.8Tip at 10:22 PM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

nah, i have it blasting whether i know where im going or that im lost...when i wanna tear it up a bit, i turn the radio off

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (DaFabolous2.0)

lol, and i thought i was the only one...
i turn it off if im going somewhere i've never been...
if im trying to follow written directions...
just after starting my car, i usually leave it off until it reaches a certain temp
when getting on the highway...
um...i think thats about it though...
i guess my mind isnt advanced enough to be able to listen to the radio, drive safely and keep my mind on the road all at once...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (southside)

i usually turn it down in:
unknown areas
multi-level parking lots (esp if its crowded...you never know if some jackass is jamming down the lot like an idiot...at least you'll hear it)
during conversations (and the occasional phone call)
canyon runs (engine noise > nelly
)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Re: Do any of you turn your radio down when making turns, merging, etc? (kep0ne)

when i had my rabbit with no exhaust i would turn it down while in my head i was thinking the car would get quieter...

and yes i turn down the radio at wierd times, merging, parking, stop lights.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

I drive allot, and for the past year or so I've turned the radio
off. I don't get it myself, even talk radio off. It can't just be
age can it? By allot I do mean in excess of 110000 per year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts