VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I hear "165hp" I think of the 2.5RS, whenever I hear "one point eight" I think of the 1.8T, I hear "227" in any context, and I immediately think of WRX, etc.
ANyone else, or am I a nutcase?

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (in other cars) make you think of ... (grue

how about 427
or 442
so i guess that engine size makes me think of cars HP really dont mean anything to me as far as reminding me of a peticular car

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (in other cars) make you think of a certain car? (grue)

87 - the stock hp of the flathead 6 in my '51 Ford pickup
(however, once the diesel is all done, the hp / torque will be around 200 / 350. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by 2001TurboGTI at 9:21 AM 1-12-2004

· Registered
10,107 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (fracan)

Quote, originally posted by fracan »
Like someone mentioned, 333 reminds me of the M3.
553 reminds me of the V10 TDI Touareg too, I think that's it's torque in lb-ft.

and some reviews say it's 330 hp. either one makes me think of M3. that's alot of horsepower out of a six cylinder!

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (Triumph)

Quote, originally posted by Triumph »

and some reviews say it's 330 hp. either one makes me think of M3. that's alot of horsepower out of a six cylinder!

how about 425 (450) out of a porsche 911 turbo (x-50 package)

· Registered
10,107 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (sar4497)

Quote, originally posted by sar4497 »

And those numbers are matched exactly by the 96-98 Cobra and 99/01 Cobra.

I never liked how it took the Cobra versions to match the power of the V8 F-bodies. The GT versions should've been matching the GM cars. But with sales volumes the way they were, I guess there was no motivation for that.
Quote, originally posted by rempel »

how about 425 (450) out of a porsche 911 turbo (x-50 package)

Bah, that's turbocharged. Cool, but not as interesting to me.

· Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Do certain numbers or HP ratings (blown54)

i more think of engine size. if anyone says 350 or 5.7, chevy immediatly comes to mind... corvette and camaro in particular, and if you say 4.6 or 289... or 281... ford, and mustangs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.