VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in antoher post i read about someone saying theyre p chip guzzled gas i was wondering if this is true because thinking about it after i put in my tt chip i think i did begin refueling a lot more often. thanks

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (JettaIIIGLS)

I still get 32MPG on the highway with my Autotech Q-Chip and 270 cam

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (bajan01)

It depends on how you drive. If you drive to take advantage of the power gains from the chip, then your mileage will suffer. If you drive for mileage, then you MAY actualy see gains.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (bajan01)

i get 30+ mpg and beat the crap out of it the whole way

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (j.Connor)

Well, I know at least one company, (Neuspeed) claims that their chip increases performance while also increasing your fuel economy.
But that reminds me, does anyone know of a company who will install the chip, but send a loaner ECU to me while it's being put in?

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (Ajlepisto)

I noticed a gain of about 3 MPG when I wasn't driving aggressively

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (iwanaleya)

I was the one who stated I get less gas mileage - even if I take it easy, I don't get quite as good MPG as I did when I was stock (although it's kinda close). Sometimes I feel like I'm driving a VR....
Course, my right foot has something to do with it
. Actually, one of these days I'm going to drive my old work route, and see what I get for mileage - in 1 day, I'd use about a quarter tank of gas driving back and fourth, so I'll see what I get now.....

·
Registered
26,592 Posts
Re: do chips decrease gas mileage? (VW97Jetta)

I'm still getting ~27 mpg around town. Highway at mostly 80 mph is ~32-33 mpg, and at a more dedate 60-70 mph is ~35.
Q-Chip, Eurospec 262 cam, Autotech cat-back, K&N filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.