VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unless you race your car, I don't see how the holes or slots could reduce brake fade since you're not on the brakes for as much of time as you would in a race car. I am asking this because I need new rotors and can get a good deal on cross drilled ones and am getting them no matter what, but I was just wondering if they are really better than the stock vented rotor.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: - (16v po boy)

But I'm going with Brembo...a high quality brand if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: - (Oreganoflow)

I dunno - even if you get the extra braking for those Saturday night romps down the backroads it would be worthwhile.
I've got 11" Brembo X-drilled rotors with Wilwood 4 piston calipers and they've come in handy plenty of times when you've gotta brake it down from 180 - 200 to around 70.

Ha ha, nose-wheelies - got that right.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Re: - (Ted)

quote:[HR][/HR]But I'm going with Brembo...a high quality brand if you ask me...[HR][/HR]​
ive never run them myself, simply because ive seen too many stress fractures in cross drilled rotors. i ran ate powerslots on my 84gti and have them on my 91 gli. that and a set of ferodo pads seem to work wonders

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Re: - (rockin16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]all show for daily driving.[HR][/HR]​
I guess it depends how hard you drive everyday.
I like mine.

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Do crossed drilled or slotted rotors really make THAT much of a difference

less fade during long hard runs.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: - (Vdub Boy)

quote:[HR][/HR]they've come in handy plenty of times when you've gotta brake it down from 180 - 200 to around 70. [HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
quote:[HR][/HR] less fade during long hard runs. [HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
quote:[HR][/HR]My advice, don't spend $800+ on brembo's[HR][/HR]​
Have you every driven or ridden in a Porsche before?
quote:[HR][/HR]dunno - even if you get the extra braking for those Saturday night romps down the backroads[HR][/HR]​
yah, tha twisties

[Modified by JoeandhisMachine, 6:54 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: - (88Jetta)

Yeah I've been searching for an 11.0" G60 brake conversion for a long time but was never able to find one for cheap. I don't think it's worth the $600 they sell them for so I want used parts. Anyone have a set of G60 brakes they want to get rid of? How about using cross drilled G60 brakes then...would that be worth it? The reason I am asking is that I have "hook-ups" and can get Brembo and ATE rotors for really low price...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts