VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 wolfsburg edition golf and was planning to get euro fenders, i have the gti side skirts, but was planning to take them off because they are already starting to rust and the plastic is cracking. I've seen pictures on the tex with euro fenders with gti side skirts and other side skirts, and they look nice. Just wondering if the euro fenders look good w/o any side skirts, plus do i need to modify anything else to make these fit?

Modified by StockBone at 10:13 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: Do euro fender flares... (StockBone)

the need to be trimmed a little to fit NA bumpers. I don't know what the color of your car is, but i think if you put euro flares on an otherwise stock exterior, it's going to look a little out of place. That's just my opinion.
IMO, to pull off euro flares and have them look good..textured euro bumpers(fully or tops) and either OEM skirts or something like ABT skirts are needed.
Do you have any pictures of your Golf?

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Re: Do euro fender flares... (StockBone)

my suggestion is to keep the OEM skirts. Fixing that rusty/cracked part is like $40/side and 20 minutes. It's very easy, and they're some of the best looking skirts you can get, imho.
Don't do flares without the skirts, it'll look wrong. You might be able to pull it off without textured moldings and tex-top bumpers, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Re: Do euro fender flares... (punkassjim)

Quote, originally posted by punkassjim »
my suggestion is to keep the OEM skirts. Fixing that rusty/cracked part is like $40/side and 20 minutes. It's very easy, and they're some of the best looking skirts you can get, imho.
Don't do flares without the skirts, it'll look wrong. You might be able to pull it off without textured moldings and tex-top bumpers, but I'm not sure.

i concur w/jim on this one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Do euro fender flares... (95 Vento)

humm yeah i really liked the oem skirts, but its just in my position, that crack is buggin me

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
Re: Do euro fender flares... (95 Vento)

get the whole shi-bang...textured trim/bumper tops, euro flares, and oem (repaired) side skirts. It will really offset the red http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Re: Do euro fender flares... (volks98jetta2.0)

here's a pic of smoothed euro flares w/o sideskirts... looks incomplete IMO

and sent u an IM ... I'm in the same city as u...

Modified by trixx at 1:51 PM 5-19-2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts