VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I was having trouble getting my car into 2nd, but then it went away. Then when I was at the track it wasn't going into 2nd at all, it would just grind and it got really stiff and was really hard to move in neutral. It's drivable but anytime I floor it it gets stuck in gear for a little. I brought it to vw and they said that if I had broken teeth it wouldn't be under warranty...but if it was that bad would I still be able to drive it??

· Registered
7,447 Posts
Re: Do I have broken teeth? (Klipse)

Let me get this straight, you brought it to vw, but they didnt check it? And let me get this straight, are you still under warranty?

Have them fix whatever the hell is wrong with it because whatever it is, it will only get worse as time goes on. Then make them pay for it if it's under warranty. Like if it was a clutch, I could see, but unless you are powershifting then it seems kind of hard not to cover the tranny. Anyways, I would think if your teeth were broken, then you wouldnt grind. There would be nothing to grind but hey I never took apart a tranny but thats my thought on it.
Good luck dude

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Do I have broken teeth? (redfred18T)

I brought it to vw but they knew it was at the track so they said they wouldn't cover it...my fault for not getting all of the writing on the window off...so they said if they took it apart and there were teeth broken it would be about 1800+. But im takin it to another dealer tomorrow morning so they should fix it because they will have no proof it's been at the track.

· Registered
7,447 Posts

Yeah man that sucks. We all make stupid mistakes like that but they CANT PROVE your at the track. Oooh writing on the window, that could be anything. Maybe you went to a show and they marked it for that. Or whatever. They need rock-hard proof that your car was at the track. Also, since when cant we take our cars to the track? I dont think theres a rule against it.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Exactly you can drive it just as hard on the road as you can on the track...but I could've fought it, but I didn't think they were going to refuse so I wasn't really thinking of anything to say except "ok." So if the next dealer gives me **** I got somethin for em

· Registered
7,447 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Klipse »
Exactly you can drive it just as hard on the road as you can on the track...but I could've fought it, but I didn't think they were going to refuse so I wasn't really thinking of anything to say except "ok." So if the next dealer gives me **** I got somethin for em

Ahhh nothing brings more of a smile to my face then beating a dealer. i mean they jack us for everything and "void" our warranty only because theres freakin paint on the side of the car! Its stupid. They should stand by us and our cars, not do what mitsubishi tried to pull a couple months back.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by redfred18T »

Ahhh nothing brings more of a smile to my face then beating a dealer. i mean they jack us for everything and "void" our warranty only because theres freakin paint on the side of the car! Its stupid. They should stand by us and our cars, not do what mitsubishi tried to pull a couple months back.

What'd they try to pull?

· Registered
7,447 Posts

Mistubishi lurked on some boards much like ours (but for evo's) and when they found people that autoxed or drag raced or w/e, raced, on a track, they would void their warranties. Least thats what I heard and read everywhere. it was something like that. Well what im 100% is that they tried to void the warranties of the people who raced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.