VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will turbo my car as soon as I figure out why it doesnt idle properly. I have all the parts but when I took my car to a specialty vw shop to get the idle fixed and the guy told me I would need a g60 cam because my g-grind in my 84 gti would make it detonate all over the place. Is this true? And by the way this specialty vw shop wasn't able to fix my unfixable bad idle problem. What a joke. I plan to try the dealer this week. By the way I've spent many months trying to fix it my self. Its very frustrating when you have an entire turbo setup in your basement and you can't put it on.
anyways let me know
Sandy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Do I need a g60 cam for my turbo project? (purplerabbit)

Hey common guys I know someone knows if a G-grind cam will work. Its a solid lifter head(adjustable valve shims)
please just answer me yes or no.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Re: Do I need a g60 cam for my turbo project? (purplerabbit)

Don't have to have a G60 cam persay.... just not a g-gring... it won't detonate, but you won't build boost because of the valve overlap... you'll push boosted air and fuel into the exhaust unused...
Just put the stock cam back in the car...

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Re: Do I need a g60 cam for my turbo project? (AdidasCU)

The reason they can't get your idle "perfect" is because you have a 19 year old car!!Hello!!! The CIS system in your car was a good,reliable system at one time,maybe 12 years ago.The small metering orifices in CIS systems seem to give problems and that's why I won't touch any CIS cars in my repair business.They are simply to old and people want them to "run perfectly",the only way that is possible is to have a engine in perfect mechanical condition and replace EVERY component in the CIS system,which would cost more than thje car is worth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.