VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay where my corrado is costing me the most money is insurance I have had my license 5 years no accidents no claims no tickets (yet) I am also 20 but my insurance for 500 000 lialibility, comp, and collision is 360 bucks a month canadian.....My 91 jetta for exact same coverge was like 120 I am paying out my a$$ sor this car . why????????? anybody else have this problem ahh well it puts a smile on face whenever I punch that pedal to the floor.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (91jetta)

When I was 18-21 I was paying $330.00 per month for the previledge of driving my 1983 Audi 5000 turbo!
I know your pain all too well.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (TexasCorradoG60)

i would say so i have 2 totaled cars under my belt and at only 19 and my isurance is like $3600 a year...which is pretty damn high

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (Iceman666)

I thought insurance in B.C. was bad. I'm 23 and I pay $105/month for collision, comp (both $300 deduct) and 2,000,000 liability. License for 6 years, no accidents, several speeding tickets. But $360 is crazy.
Jon

[Modified by jon_w88, 10:02 PM 12-5-2001]

[Modified by jon_w88, 10:26 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (jon_w88)

Up until 2 months ago i was paying 280/month for my 93 slc. Im 21.
since finding state farm im only paying 202/month

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (jon_w88)

Im 20 and paying 420 a month for minimum liability comes out to 2700 a year , no tickets , one b/s accident b/f i got the C which im getting sued for $$5 Million$$ for a <5mph collision w/ no damage in anyway

[Modified by SSj4G60, 5:05 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
16 Posts

ummm...shop around... im Canadian too...i got busted going 210 in an 80 zone...plus I totaled my dads 97 T-bird
And i pay 270 a month for 1000000 liability(with the good people of CAA
)....but the reason corrados are so expensive is the collision..they are hard to find parts for therefor parts are muchos expensive...plus look at the average driving age of C owners...not too many 50-60 year olds with 40+ years of driving experience under their belts...driving a C.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (TURBORADO_MV)

2000 a year, i'm 22, had a dwai 2+ years ago and no tickets...
if you have alot of tickets or a dwai, but you have good credit, go with GMAC, because they also base their insurance pricing on your credit score...

[Modified by Mizold, 10:24 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (Mizold)

i pay 1160 a year and im 17 in california with a clean record.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (red91g60)

haha, come to NYC if you want your limbs ripped off.
I pay 4,800 for full coverage on a 93.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (Shier Khan)

Thats really high but a corrado is sort of a sports car so it is high everywhere for this car. But i think if you check here you might find a bit better rate, but i know it goes down a lot when you turn 21 and have a full G licence (in Canada)
http://www.kanetix.com

·
Registered
582 Posts

i've got minimum coverage and live in new jersey.
i'm paying $958 a year or somethin like that which equates to about 79 a month. wahoo. oh and i'm 21.
i went through a local insurance agency who gets quotes from a bunch of places. they hooked me up with Selective Insurance. weird thing was that they didn't even take the model of my car when i went there...?? they put 92 volkswagen and that's all they needed. weird but i'm not about to go complain.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (shmaLbus)

$95 a month here. Full coverage, collision, etc. Somethin' against lightening strikes, WTF? I've got like a $250 deductible, and an extra high liability, can't remember the exact amount though.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (Que Aleman)

I don't own a Corrado (yet!) but I'm paying $700 every 6 months for my RX7, and I'm 17.
Of course, having a $1000
deductable, just liability, good student discount, and no points helps also.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (matt007)

You started this thread,I just recovered from the last thread like this.
Currently paying $661.30 per month,for full coverage on 1992 Corrado VR6.
Equates to a cool $5700.00 per year.I am paying the insurance companies bills,petty cash & meals.I will now go back to drinking heavily to forget this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (KinetikSLC)

so high insurance rates are just another joy of owning a C

·
Registered
436 Posts

Kris,
I was in the same boat as you.....they quoted me $6300 full coverage/min everything for my 94 VR. That was when I said I live in queens!!!!!!! Now that I "supposedly" live in the boonies out on LI ( exit 60).....I'm paying $2700 comp..no collision. I just got it last week too. When I get my other C on it will drop again. I'll probably be at around $3300 for both cars.....one with just liability, and one w/ liabilty and theft $500 deduct. Not to bad finally for a guy with a 7 page driving record!!!!! Well I'm down to 2 now but when I was at 7 pages my insuranc would have been about 14K in queens and $6500 in the boonies!!

[Modified by VWCORADO, 12:07 PM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Re: Do I Only Pay a Arm and a Leg for Insurance (VWCORADO)

$3600 on my Passat (91 4-cyl)
$5600 on 93 Corrado VR6 (as quoted by my insurer)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts