VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was just wondering if a mk4 golf front bumper would fit on a 2002 golf cabby? or does it require modifications?
thanks alot

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it does fit but minor modifcations? i thought that aswell but ive seen the thred where a guy was fitting a r32 bumper on and had to cut it in half and do all kind of things to it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: (karna)

Quote, originally posted by karna »
so it does fit but minor modifcations? i thought that aswell but ive seen the thred where a guy was fitting a r32 bumper on and had to cut it in half and do all kind of things to it.

That's because a golf 4 is wider than a mk3.5 cabrio.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Re: Do mk4 golf front bumpers fit 02 mk3.5 cabby's? (karna)

Quote, originally posted by karna »
hey i was just wondering if a mk4 golf front bumper would fit on a 2002 golf cabby? or does it require modifications?
thanks alot

hey man can yo usend me an email to [email protected] IMS arent working on this computer...I just need you to pick up that OEM HID from that "Insource" place (fedex kinkos type place), and then i'll fill out the paper work and what not (you'll probably just have to leave it outside your front door in a few days when the paper work is ready)..]
\
thanks.

·
Banned
3,893 Posts
Re: Do mk4 golf front bumpers fit 02 mk3.5 cabby's? (karna)

not a direct fit but possible and very hot, some pics I've been collecting...

if you decide to go for it, we've got the FK R32 look bumpers here in stock at only $399

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: (AMI-Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by AMI-Motorsports »
or we have these, direct fit on MK3 Golf/Jetta, Cabrio.

But not a mk3.5

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Re: (DaveLinger)

mk4 bumpers r wider than mk3.5s
but the bumper the posted above will fit a mk3 or mk3.5, not sure how it will line up with the fenders and grill though

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Re: (FourDoorLovin)

Quote, originally posted by FourDoorLovin »
mk4 bumpers r wider than mk3.5s
but the bumper the posted above will fit a mk3 or mk3.5, not sure how it will line up with the fenders and grill though

this thread isn't going to die.... and no that bumper will not fit a 3.5 unless you change everything on the front end to a MK3 front end. The 3.5 front end goes together like a MK4 (way different from the MK3). I guess if you really wanted to you could ducttape or gorilla glue that MK3 bumper onto the front of a 3.5, wouldn't look good and probably wouldn't stay on that long.... unless you use a whole lot of tape and glue.

also just for further explanation.... the holes for the bumper lights would show the nice chunk of metal that is called a rebar in the 3.5 bumper.

Modified by Oldskoolvwlover v9.0 at 5:03 AM 11-23-2007

1 - 18 of 18 Posts