VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a definite answer even after watching some youtube videos and searching other places on the web. Some people have stated they don't do anything, others have said you need to drive a couple hundred miles so the chip can become familiar with the car and your driving style. I have a mk4 golf gl 2.0 and was just wondering if it would be worth buying one of these or if they're useless... my car is very slow.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
What exactly do you mean? Do you have a link to what you are talking about? All tuning is done through the OBD2 port. Also, you have a 2.0. You aren't going to get very much out of any tune. The 2.0 isn't a speed demon but IMO, its not super slow (drive an old 80's VW diesel and you'll see what slow is!). If it seems extra sluggish, I would save your money and get the car scanned and do maintenance on the car to get it running in peak condition.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Save your money. Make sure your maintenance is up to date and maybe add something like a cold air intake. I don't know that you can make a 2.0 fast unless you add a turbo. Shoulda bought a VR6 LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.