VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the current generation MkIV VWs engine's ever overheat? Like you know steam pouring out from underneath the hood etc.
I'm just wondering, because yesterday I was sitting in traffic jam for two hours with the A/C on full and the temperature outside was like 35c (100F)
Do our cars overheat, or will the engine shut off before that happens?
(I can't believe how unbelievably on-topic this post is
)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Re: Do our engines ever overheat? (hawc)

Only on a day when you are driving though death valley with 100% humidity and there are plenty of solar flares. Otherwise the car will never ever ever overheat.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts

Mann with this Arizona heat...100+ degrees all day.....I always think my baby's toast. But the temp guage neeeeevver moves. So don't worry. Especially in freaking Toronto!!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts

Some days I want to pour a bucket of ice on my engine...but then would be awoken to the sound of metal contracting and expanding, soon by the sound of " CRAAACKK!!!" and then I think again...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Do our engines ever overheat? (Blue Flame)

My VW engine warms up to 190 and never moves no matter how hard I drive it and in what kind of whether.
Once I thought it said "191" but it was just the light.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Do our engines ever overheat? (clarkma5)

if you want a VW that overheats, I suggest you check out an air cooled. there's a good
reason VW added radiators to their vehicles
i've never heard of anyone's VW
over heating, in real life or on forums. the only over heating incident i've witnessed
was a BMW V8 (with more than 100,000 miles on the odo due to a damaged radiator).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts