VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Re: Do swaybars really make almost as much difference in handling as suspension? (sssnice)

very true.
i did the neuspeed rear sway, didn't do the front and it made a huge difference in terms of cornering when pushing the car to it's limits.
looking back, i probably would have had more fun installing the sway first before doing the shock/spring thing

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Re: Do swaybars really make almost as much difference in handling as suspension? (sssnice)

Let's put it this way, if you had a couple hundred dollars lying around you could get a rear sway bar or a set of springs. The rear sway will do much more to improve your handling than a set of springs without shocks. Your car won't look as cool but then again you save on install. The rear sway would cost less to be installed by a mechanic and it's easy enough to install on your own.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

The front bar - no. The rear on the other hand - yes. I absolutely love how the rear sway has tightened the body. Less body roll and quicker, snappier response.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: Do swaybars really make almost as much difference in handling as suspension? (Wakaru)

Yes...The 28 mm rear bar in my car is awesome....Car handle much better around turns at speed.....the 28 mm rear bar was the best suspension mod I have done.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Do swaybars really make almost as much difference in handling as suspension? (drm916)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yes...The 28 mm rear bar in my car is awesome....Car handle much better around turns at speed.....the 28 mm rear bar was the best suspension mod I have done.[HR][/HR]​
this is really good info. People only talk about the suspension. I guess cause of the looks. If if really does make a difference I'm doing it for sure. Anybody have pics?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts

i love the 28mm rear sway. car handles much better, especially at high speeds. much better response.

[Modified by sniper27, 2:16 PM 4-10-2002]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.