VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
8,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I have nothing really important to do I will just get in the car and drive. Not going anywhere in particular just driving around. Take in a great second gear blast....ahhh second gear nothing relieves stress like that. I love my car.
any of you guys do this??

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (I_Fly_GTi)

Some days I pack my lunch to work so I can eat quickly and then go out to drive in the foothills nearby for an hour (see pics in sig). No ones ever eaten in my car, and its not going to start now.

[Modified by BoraVR6, 6:14 PM 11-22-2001]

·
Registered
75 Posts

DO I....Stress relief; drive my car. Sun is shining; drive my car. 2pm; drive my car. Calm night; drive my car. Finish a project; drive my car. If I did not have my dub, I would just drink rusty nails to escape reality and be alone.
cheers

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (ilovethecure)

I just came back from doing it!!
Today I didn't used my car at all. So I decided to drive on this road where I always go, a 4 lane road that leads to a country club and has no traffic at all. I came to a complete stop in the middle of the road and floored it few times...

That's what I do when I am bored and nothing to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Pretty much every day during my lunch,no destination other then I have to be back in an hour.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (Red Wolf)

wow
you guys are a bunch of losers
get a life

im just messing with you guys
i am totally guilty of the same

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (ghostdog86)

yeah i do it....3 or 4 am in the morning..after i chill with my friends....i drive by myself to santa monica beach and back down wilshire blvd.....
drive through beverly hills.....all the windows down freezing my ass off......i love it...i havent done it in a while cuz of the gas prices...but i think its goin to happen soon....

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (soundzero)

I'm the same here I just get in my Jetta (as funny and stupid as this is going to sound) I ask my car if it's ready to go out for a drive and I just take off. Usually I go to the beach all the way down the 1, begin in Santa Monica and end up in Oxnard or sometimes in Santa Barbara. Other times I just take it up to the Los Angeles Crest and take it on the curves with my windows rolled down and my music blasting as loud as my ears can take it........I LOVE IT.....actually I think I will be doing that tonight........

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (EvoJetta)

I drive all the time. Reminds me of that Cabrio commericial. I go some places, but don't stay long, then drive some more.
I end up filling my gas tank twice in one weekend!
But it's great. Especially just cruising at nite along the canyon roads over lookin the ocean. I think I'll do that tonite.......

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (NiteQwill)

When i used to have my Integra Turbo .. i used to all the time. Whine, blow off, whine blow off.
Now with my VR6, i just lay back and listen to some jams. hehe

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (1BadAzzVR6)

Yes! when theres noting else to do... i go burn some tread of my tires.. hehe...
but right now my cars in the shop, and they gave me a mirage for a rental.. unfortunately im not insured under it... otherwise id tear the hell outta that thing.

·
Registered
587 Posts

absolutely, especially at about 2 or 3am. i always go to "get a coffee," and my family wonders why it takes hours

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (Erynne936)

yep! best stress reliever in the whole world. go cruise woodward ave. at night

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (1FSTGT)

Just did! I usually drive around until I get lost, and then keep going until eventually I know where I am. Pretty fun. The roads in the hill country around Austin are especially nice...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (1FSTGT)

quote:[HR][/HR]yep! best stress reliever in the whole world. go cruise woodward ave. at night[HR][/HR]​
Wow. You are the first person I have noticed on this boars that lives near me. You live in Troy, I live in Lake Orion

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Do you ever just drive?? (ihavenoidea)

first of all, sorry to hear you guys live in that pot hole infestation they call detroit, hehe.
Second, I drive for no reason almost everyday. Sometimes when I can't sleep I'll just go drive, best roads in the world here in whistler. Or to releive stressI'll drive, specially right now having girlfriend issues nothing takes my mind off of it better than crankin some tunes and driving till im out of gas.
Thats love.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts