VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, don't you get tired? Worrying about rust, dust/dirt, whether someone will scratch your car, egg your car, bird droppings, dogs coming up to say hi and scratching the crap out of it? Don't you ever wish you had a complete POS to not care about?

Modified by lobo at 11:43 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (lobo)

Yes, certainly. I feel like it's an uphill battle. I need to use my car to do errands, and I am always a choosey as I can be when parking, but still, my car has been scratched, and dinged many times. When I get home, there is no garrage or covered spot to park it in, so it is constantly covered in dirt and polic, and other tree droppings. It only stays clean on the outside for about a day, and with the driveway I have, I can't keep the floors clean at all.
Have to keep telling myself that when it comes down to it, it is just a car. It is a tool to get from one place to the other, everything else about it is just icing.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

I own a white truck, which can be a bear to keep clean, but the shine and luster of a spotless, freshly waxed image of my truck when it's clean makes all of the worry and toil worth it.
(Even if it is merely hours before a bird takes a dump on it)

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (Haubbs)

I gave up on the exterior a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (FatSean)

the beauty of owning a used car that has no car payments. I just look into the maintenance, and clean it up when I can. When I owned my Jetta I was so paranoid. Now I have peace of mind... and to top it the BMW handles so much better... as well.
so right now I dont worry... just be happy

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (nuke941)

Well, that's why I have two cars. One gets the treatment and is only out when it won't get messed up. The other gets beaten on daily, and although I take care of it - when my daughter rides her bike into the side of it, I don't mind.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (VW-BMW)

the more I baby it the more random bad things happen... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2006 Lexus GS300, 2011 Nissan Leaf
36,950 Posts

Quote, originally posted by lobo »
Don't you ever wish you had a complete POS to not care about?

Unfortunately, my wish came true.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My car's got 3500 miles on it so far and so far so good. It's never had more than a weeks worth of dust on it. I always park at the back of the lot , and when that first ding does come I am surely gonna have a heart attack.

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (MoochsMalibu)

Quote, originally posted by MoochsMalibu »
the more I baby it the more random bad things happen... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Me too.
The Protege I got now is an awesomely fun car, and is as reliable as the sunrise. The only problem is that it's closing in on 185k miles...and it's got ton of dings and stuff.
I LOVE not having to baby it. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to knock a shopping cart out of a parking space?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts

I gave up after the huge door dings on the passenger side, and the scrape on the driver's side where someone hit me in a parking lot and left.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (trbogti)

I was just thinking about this while I was washing my car a minute ago cleaning all the little tar spots off my white paint.
I definitely get tired of worrying about it, but I couldn't drive a beater either. I need two cars...one beater and one I baby.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (TooLow1.8T)

Eh I take care of the exterior, weekly washes and monthly waxing/polishing but I bought the car used and it already has a ton of scratches and exterior blemishes on it. So to be honest I'm not all that anal about it, but the 2 brand new cars I've had I was fanatical about the exterior. I've never babied a car though, I beat the living snot out of them

Mike

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (VWMike81)

That's why I keep the GTI when I want to just drive hard and drive the Honda when I am going long distances and need 33 MPG and don't care where I park on Chicago side streets

·
Registered
10,404 Posts

For about a year or two I was completely obessed. Now I am completely careless. I save so much time/energy by not thinking and doing stuff to the car. It's better to drive the car, rather than the car driving me.

·
Registered
11,046 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (FiveAinOne)

i wash my car about twice a year. clean the interior once a year. change the oil every 10k miles. so no, i dont get tired of it heh

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (TooLow1.8T)

i dont mind so much road dings its the massive dents from peoples doors and the dings it gets when parked...

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Re: Do you guys ever get tired of babying/worrying about your car? (VwG60Kid)

I wish I had 2 cars or at least plastic door panels and unpainted bumpers.

·
Registered
12,988 Posts
Yup, I'm sick of it. If I ever get a nice car, I'm getting a beater to drive sometimes so I don't have to worry! My car is a beater and I worry. Geez

1 - 20 of 45 Posts