VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (VWguy)

I do, but its a honda, and hondas are worthless i guess, so ill shut up now.....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (Fahrfrumluzin)

quote:[HR][/HR]Honda or not... a gauge is a gauge man![HR][/HR]​

Good point. I have the Autometer Air/Fuel guage but I really should have opted for a Water Temp, I don't really trust the stock honda one, especially running nitrous now, anyway, I also have the autometer shift light, I am seriously considering buying an air/fuel gauge that gives you a # not just LEDs.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (Y2KRICEBOY)

Are guages useful if you aren't running any type of boost? If so, which ones?

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (larkind)

quote:[HR][/HR]Are guages useful if you aren't running any type of boost? If so, which ones?
[HR][/HR]​
That's exactly the question I'm looking to have answered. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,038 Posts

well, im running my air/fuel to see if the ZEX kit and my stock fuel system work to prevent my worthless motor from running too lean, i would however, like to have a reliable water temp guage to make sure im not cooking anything. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3 old cars
4,330 Posts

I'm running a single pod with an Oil pressure gauge. It was the one gauge that I figured I'd like to have since I knew I wouldn't be adding others anytime soon. I use it as more of a diagnostic tool and to know when my engine is fully warmed up.
I'd like to add a Voltmeter and a Oil Temp gauge in the future. The 3 gauges being the most useful for checking the health of the engine and electrical systems.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (MkIII)

it all depends on what your setup is...if your na you could do oil pressure and water temp, just for safety messures, now if you doin FI...your going to want like a boost guage, air/fuel, oil pressure, possibley water temp, volts, and some others if wanted..but it all depends on what you have done to your car

·
Registered
23,115 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (vdubcarpenter)

i dont

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Re: Do you have an A-Pillar gauge pod? (Gaki)

Im running autometer gauges but its for my turbo system I probably wouldnt be running gauges if I didnt have to..too much clutter and just gives the cops an excuse to pull me over.
Anyways heres a pic====>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts