VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends got an Audi 90 as her first car. (see pic) I really didn't get a good look at it until recnetly, but damn
what a mint car. Make's me want to buy it. Not only is it mint, it also has the BBS wheels. I was like "OMG!!! you have the BBS wheels that are almost like mine" (i have rm's) she was like "okay, whatever. Its just a car you know". Its not like i expected her to understand what i was babbling about but i made her make promise that she would not curb these wheels.

Another of my frinds got his parents Audi quattro coupe as his first car. Not until i got under the hood of this one did i relise what a fun car this would be on itb's. He doesn't know too much about cars, so im assuming he doesn't know how rare car he's driving. I think they only made them for two years for North America.

Do you have friends who drive nice/rare cars and don't even know it?

· Registered
742 Posts
Re: do you have friends who have "nice" cars, but they just think its a car? (can. rabbit)

Correct me if I am wrong, but it would seem like your friends come from wealthy families. The people that I know drove beaten down hondas and 30 year old volvos for their first cars.

· Registered
2,899 Posts
Re: do you have friends who have "nice" cars, but they ju ... (RobbieIG)

Quote, originally posted by RobbieIG »
Correct me if I am wrong, but it would seem like your friends come from wealthy families. The people that I know drove beaten down hondas and 30 year old volvos for their first cars.

Audi 90s aren't THAT expensive.

· Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: do you have friends who have "nice" cars, but they just think its a car? (RobbieIG)

I would agree that my friends families are well off, but i was just using them as an example.
I just thought of one of my other friends who got her grandmothers '86 Chrysler New Yorker (with the turbo 4 cyl). Definity unqiue car, especially when it talks to you
. I thought it was cool for just what it was. Just different.

· Registered
4,656 Posts
I can't think of many people I know that have nice cars and beat them but I know of a lot of people{mostly females, no offense just an observation} who are like, well its a car, um its blue, when it breaks "the guy" fixes it...these people test my patients when asking like hey what is that...b/c they seem excited then lose interest 15seconds later
my roommate gets ignorant like that, he'll try to argue all day long about something but when it comes to cars it pisses me off b/c he knows nothing. I'm not saying i know everything but I'd like to think I know a SH!T load more then him...sorry i got carried away I'm going to bed now

· Banned
12,965 Posts
Re: do you have friends who have "nice" cars, but they just think its a car? (1Point8T)

The worst is when you have friends with nice cars and they make fun of you for babying your car. Like my friends always give me **** about washing and waxing my 14 year old Mazda so often when they drive almost new cars and treat them like garbage. They get on my ass when I wait to let my car warm up and go real slow before it's warmed up...I need to get new friends

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.