VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Do you have to remove the rear bumper? (G_rizzle)

it's pretty damn easy if you go and look. under the car, follow the hole that the bumper goes into the back of the car in, find the bolts in there, 1 on each side from in the trunk, and it slides out.

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Do you have to remove the rear bumper? (The_Hamster)

The question is a pretty damn easy one to answer. Can you slide the arch out of it's position w/o moving the rear bumper? I don't want to spend 30 minutes removing it if I don't have to. Apparently, you do not have the answer to the question. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Do you have to remove the rear bumper? (G_rizzle)

hey, i wasn't trying to insult you when i said that, take a breather, sorry i mis-read the question.

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Do you have to remove the rear bumper? (The_Hamster)

Quote, originally posted by The_Hamster »
hey, i wasn't trying to insult you when i said that, take a breather, sorry i mis-read the question.

understood. I am fairly confident that it can be done. I know you can remove the front arches w/o removing the front. I am hoping that the same can be done in the rear. I will take my chances...if it doesn't work out I'll have to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
403 Posts
its still pretty damn easy...yes
by the way, why dont you just go outside, unscrew the 4 screws and try? then you dont have to worry about frying your eyeballs looking at a computer screen instead of understanding your car a bit better.

·
Banned
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (thedubclubIan)

Quote, originally posted by thedubclubIan »
its still pretty damn easy...yes
by the way, why dont you just go outside, unscrew the 4 screws and try? then you dont have to worry about frying your eyeballs looking at a computer screen instead of understanding your car a bit better.

I didn't post up here to scalded by somebody who doesn't know the answer to my question. Funny how EVERYBODY works on their own car yet nobody knows the feasibility of accessing the rear flares (ie removing) without the removal of the rear bumper. I just find it funny that you preach that I should expand my horizons regarding my vehicle...yet you don't have the answer. Maybe you should study your VW's a little bit more as well and save your eyes from monitor fatigue reading my post. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: (G_rizzle)

my car doesn't have arches, cool off, and i don't think everybody goes and removes their arches on a regular basis, somebody probably knows the answer, but you wouldn't wait more than a hour before bumping it each time to find out. not everybody is on all the time, give it at least 12 hours before bumping IMO.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I answered your question in the first line of my post ie. its still pretty damn easy...YES
I could go off about how retarded you're being considering you could take serioulsy 2 mins to go check it out yourself instead of spending time insulting people who actually know (even though you couldnt read it if they did tell you). But I won't. Good luck with your flares http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by thedubclubIan at 3:16 AM 5-21-2004

1 - 13 of 13 Posts